need help and advice on bleeding oil and pc3usb,help please

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by hollenbeck, Jun 10, 2013.

1. hollenbeck

hollenbeck New Member

Ok so I just had a bad week cause I didn't change my brakes and bleed fluid so I warped mo by rotors anyways got new rotors,brakes and stuff to bleed brakes, only problem idk how, I've never done it and wanna learn but I'm afraid I'll get air in the lines, can anyone explane how I can do it myself on my 01 vfr800. Also I just got a pc3usb and this thang is way different from the pc2, they don't have a map for yoshimura exhaust and aftermarket filter so what map should I use? I tried downloading all the maps for it but the only ones that'll open are the 106-300's why is that? where do I set my throttle position? there's just a bunch I don't know about this,like how I should set the accellpump. Any info would be great,thank you

2. OOTV

OOTV Insider

You'll need the Honda Service manual for the brake bleeding procedure, or do a search here for "5th Gen brake bleeding", it's been posted more than once I'm sure. The manual can be found here too I'm sure, but it's easier to find over at VFRD in their download section. As far as the PC3, I am not familiar with that one so someone else will have to chime in, but the best short answer would be to have it Dyno-tuned by a tuner. Although I thought I read from a post here that it's hard to find a tuner that still works on the PC3, maybe it was the PC2, so good luck if you do decide to go that way.

3. Durk

Durk New Member

The bleed process isn't as bad as people make it out on here, I did it myself without speed bleeders or a mighty vac, you just have to be patient and keep filling the reseviors so you don't let air in the lines. I pumped and filled until clean brake fluid flowed through the bleed tube thingy I have.
    And as mentioned above the service manual outlines the correct order. You do need someone to pump the rear brake while you're at the front left caliper.