Need Help Determining Price

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by Sidney, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Sidney

Sidney New Member

I'll throw this out there as a new member of the VFR site. I am trying to sell a 1986 VF1000R motor I have had since new. I originally bought this motor to put into a formula car, but the program never materialized. It was purcased directly from Honda in Japan. It's been collecting dust in Colorado for 20 years! Now I have a friend who wants to buy the motor for some land speed record stuff he's planning. Problem is, I have no idea what to chrage him for it.:confused:

I recently noticed someone sold a used motor for $250, but my guess is this new motor is worth a few more bucks to an honest buyer. Any help you guys and gals could provide would be great. Keep in mind this is a BRAND NEW, NEVER USED VF1000R motor -- complete with original carbs, etc. Thanks in advance.

If the deal falls through, I'm going to post it for sale here first, and then if it doesn't sell, it's headed to fleabay!

Ian MacLeod

2. FERNDOG

FERNDOG New Member

Map
    Don't have a clue.......Trade your buddy the motor for a few good cuban cigars and a bottle of top shelf tequila (Don Julio or Patron)