need help, how do you do the wire mesh mod on the opening of your fairings? please reply

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by hollenbeck, Jun 1, 2013.

1. hollenbeck

hollenbeck New Member

Hey everyone I'm trying to do the wire mesh mod on the opening on my fairings and looked on ebay, lowes,and home depot and found nothing that will go around the big opening on my fairing for my 5th gen,so if anyone has done this mod or knows how to and where I can get it @ please let me know,I think this will be the last touch I need on my bike to set it off,so please help.Thank you

2. OZ VFR

OZ VFR Member

Australia
    Map
    Its not very hard.
    Buy the type of mesh you want, making sure it is rust proof.
    There is aluminium or galvanized wire types of different opening sizes.
    I used a fairly open one as these bikes suffer from running hot specially here in Oz where summer temps can be over 45c (113F).
    First remove all the fairing panels from the bike.
    I then cut the mesh about an inch bigger then the opening making sure the mesh runs parallel to the straight lines of the opening.
    I placed it on the inside of the openings and started to slowly bend and trim the mesh to suit the curves of the opening.
    If it started to kink, I would cut the corners away to keep the bends smooth.
    When you finish, the mesh should fit over the opening with about 10mm of overlap that sits flush and at the same angle as the inside of the fairing.
    I then siliconed the mesh to the inside of the fairing and Bob's your uncle.
    DSCF2701cc.jpg
    Good luck.

3. hollenbeck

hollenbeck New Member

where did you get the mesh?

4. OZ VFR

OZ VFR Member

Australia
    Map
    I got mine from a hardwear shop, rain gutter guard in 5M lengths for around $6.00, but I've seen different types at the auto accessory shop.

5. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    that looks really good!!!

6. hollenbeck

hollenbeck New Member

ok I know this is off topic but I've been looking around on internet and found a bunch of threads about a fuel pressure regulator that turbo city sells or use to sell that helps out as far as performance a lot and smoothness under idle speed ect ect,and I was woundering does anyone know where I can get and after market one. From what I've read they are just as good as a pc3, That'd be great if u know caue I've been looking for hours and can't find them, Thank you