Need help with setting up FB

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by GreyVF750F, Jan 8, 2017.

1. GreyVF750F

GreyVF750F Member

United States
    Map
    That's right I'm a neanderthal and don't do social media like FB. I like my privacy and don't need any stalkers. But today most companies are on FB and you have to contact them thru FB or some other social media. I'm very computer savvy but know nothing about FB and how it exposes you to the world with their defaults or if you set it up wrong.

I'm looking for a primer of sort to be able to set it up so I can visit other places. I don't want it to expose my history of life to everybody and their brother. Can you point me in the right direction or have certain parameters not to set or how to set them. I haven't started looking yet this is my first attempt at finding the answers. TIA

Maybe I'll try tweeting also so I can talk to "The Donald"..................................

2. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Those outfits that rely on FB for access are cutting their own throats. FB is so loaded with advertising as is MS.com with their "sponsored" infomercials that eventually the public IMO will tire of the whole mess.

Tweeting the Donald directly must be done through SOW who will be the next US Motorcycle Ambassador to the USSR.

Cases in point on "sponsored" sites. "Save up to "X" percentage on your car insurance". Log on to that one and every insurance seller within striking range will be in your inbox or mailbox. Another. "Dental implants" Basically they suck you in with the come on that you will get some idea of the prices. LOL no fucking way..

3. A.M

A.M Moderator Staff Member

When you set up FB, you don't have to do anything to your page. Just skip, skip, skip all the prompts to add ckntacts, photos, friends, etc. What you will have is a blank page so you officially have a FB.

Now people may think you are a bot, but who cares. A company should get back with you if you are contacting them for a legit reason.

To set up the FB, open a throw-away e-mail account first...that you only use to sign up and sign in to the FB. That way any junk that FB may send will clog that email and not your other one(s) you may use more often.

Let me know if you need help. I'll PM my number and can help you over the phone.

Don't tweet, you may turn into a twat. Ha ;)