Need Luggage for 6th Gen - BLACK

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by John in YEG, Apr 10, 2020.

1. John in YEG

John in YEG New Member

Canada
    I'm buying an '06 VFR800 that doesn't come with any of the luggage or mounting brackets.

Does anyone have some they'd want to sell? It's a black bike.

I'd also be curious about aftermarket luggage. Any suggestions on what to get and what to avoid? If I can't find a used set of OEM, I'm not buying new. Yikes they're expensive!

2. raYzerman

raYzerman Member

Canada
    Map
    Try Shad... or Givi V37 or V35?

3. John in YEG

John in YEG New Member

Canada
    thanks. I'll check those out.

4. skimad4x4

skimad4x4 "Official" VFRWorld Greeter

France
    Map
    Original Honda equipment is the neat solution but rare and expensive.

Currently there is a complete Silver top box panniers and mounting racks set for 6th Gen models on sale on the UK ebay for £700 which is actually a fair price.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OEM-Hond...249659?hash=item3b43d73c7b:g:xE8AAOSw91tebf4U

The downside is its the wrong colour and the wrong side of the pond so you probably need to focus on Craigslist and ebay in the States/Canada.

The reason these come up much more often this side of the pond is that unlike North America the 6th Gen models remained on sale alongside the 7th Gen models until 2014 so we have a lot more still on the the road in Europe.

As for alternatives, the OEM kit is made for Honda by Givi but their universal kit sits a fair bit wider and is not really colour matched. But they are still available new and a lot cheaper than OEM. There are other manufacturers like Shad who make very robust and practical kit but again they don't really add to the looks of a bike.

Bonne chance avec la chasse

SkiMad

5. raYzerman

raYzerman Member

Canada
    Map
    I did V35 on my last bike, a tad older style, but can get coloured top panels, or just paint the existing top panel (Suzuki version did not have a top panel). Givi racks reasonable. V37 more carbon look, might be OK colour as is, might be able to get paintable/coloured top panels. Same racks. Shad rack is a simple bar, bags are a little more like Beyonce as my friend jokes, but the gray might be OK looking as is, when you take them off rack doesn't look so obvious..... not sure if there is a Kappa alternative to the Givis (Kappa made by Givi, just slightly discounted for same rack part, comes with Givi instruction sheets, LOL).