Need some help turning my bike into a street fighter, or finding some 86 vfr 700 f2 fairings!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Joshtonhenry, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Joshtonhenry

Joshtonhenry New Member

Ok, so I'm new to this site, and I'm also new to riding motorcycles. As a matter of fact I just bought my first one yesterday and rode for the first time ever yesterday also. Anyways, I'm having some trouble finding fairings for my bike! The reason I'm looking for some is because the fairings it has on it are scratched up from being laid down I'm guessing, and I'm also wanting to give it that new look. Then again I'm also thinking of turning it into a street fighter. I haven't decided yet but the way it's looking, it looks like I'm going to have to do the street fighter look because I can't find any fairings for this bike! So, does anyone know where I can find some fairings, or does anyone have any kind of tips for me on turning this 1986 VFR 700 F2 into a street fighter? Any advice is going to help me out! Thanks!

2. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    It might be best if you had more experience with riding and bikes in general before attempting fairly extensive modifications on a 30 year old bike that was engineered as a faired machine.

Scratches on fairings can be fixed.

3. darthjoe

darthjoe New Member

United States
    Map
    i've got to agree with billy. get some experiance under your belt before you take on a project like that. cusomizing = downtime.and who knows maybe after a summer of riding, it might not be your thing and then you just wasted time and money on something you end up selling anyways. not to mention that having a beater bike to learn on is kind of a blessing. if you drop it or dump it, you don't feel as bad.

4. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Agreed as above. There is one hell of a lot of experience here on this forum. Many will help out sometimes conflicting advice for you to consider. But Most of the answers you will be looking for have already been covered somewhere here. The search engine on this forum is not the greatest, but a little time and effort on your part, will uncover a wealth of information.

I don;t understand why you asked on chat early this morning "how to create a forum post when you already have as seen by this thread.