new guy

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by keet, May 17, 2006.

1. keet

keet New Member

Map
    just wanted to say "hi"....i dont currently have a bike..i just sold my old 83 aspencade...giving serious consideration to a VFR...hoping to learn more about the bike by researching the forums...c-yas::cool:

2. michael

michael Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Welcome Keet! Let us know if you have any specific questions. The responses might be a bit partial, but we're happy to help. :)

3. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight Well-Known Member

United States
    Map
    Welcome to the group. I am relatively new here as well and my I recently purchased my first VFR, a white 93 750. I must say it is a blast to ride and has plenty of power to get the job done. I looked at this one as well as had my eye on an 84 700 Interceptor, but when I saw the 93 advertised, I just could not beat the price. I must say I am very hapy with it.

Last edited: May 17, 2006
  4. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    keet,

If you want an unbiased opinion, you won't find it here, but we all seem to be pretty happy with the VFR. I have never been part of a more cohesive collection of owners before. I even had a harley but since it was an old sportster, bikers at the local shop bar/bike shop gave me grief for buying it. I told them everyone wouldn't forego their mortgage to buy a pretty $20k motorcycle. Hell the local dealer wouldn't even work on my sporty cause it was too old. I thought antiques were supposed to be cool. The VFR is a whole different story, I like it more than any of my previous streetbikes, and I have probably put more miles per day on it than any of my others. It's just fun and easy to ride. I ride it almost every day.

5. MaddogVFR

MaddogVFR New Member

Map
    Hey welcome I love my VFR. I have 86 700F2. Where are you located?

6. keet

keet New Member

Map
    me again!!!!

....thanks for the welcome to the "site".....i live in the state of NH..and its been raining for quite a while now..getting old!!...ill be checking in on occasion, and when i "finallY" get back on 2 wheels ..ill let you know....im definately leaning to the VFR tho....its probably going to come down to the bottom line..price, mileage, condition, and location...gotta run!!
    keith:cool: