New member beginning my search for a new to me 7th gen dct

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by typo31, Jul 4, 2016.

1. typo31

typo31 New Member

Hello all. Just starting my search for my next toy. I currently have a Honda DN-01 with the dct and love it. Just wanting something with more power for the days when I'm feeling adventurous. Looking forward to digging into this great forum and learning as much as I can from those more experienced than I in the world of vfr.

2. V4toTour

V4toTour New Member

United States
    Welcome, not trying to insult you. But.. Why in the world did you buy a DN-01? That bikes styling.. More importantly, that NC700 engine. Ugh

3. typo31

typo31 New Member

No insult taken whatsoever. As with anything, to each their own... I started out on sportbikes, busa, zx12 etc.. Moved to cruiser style bikes, then tried an FZ1 for awhile. Went to a Versys, then a Harley bagger. Of all the bikes I have owned, none has been as comfortable nor as easy to ride as the DN-01. Handling and comfort are excellent. Power leaves a bit to be desired, but that is why I am looking for a VFR as a supplement for days when I'm not using the bike as a commuter. The other thing about the DN-01 is that in all the years I have been riding and going to motorcycle events, I have never seen another one on the road. That uniqueness is a plus to me. When I had my Harley, I would go to an event and see ten more just like it.

4. marriedman

marriedman New Member

United States
    Map
    If power is what you are looking for, by god you are going to get a ton of it with the VFR1200! My 2010 is the third VFR I've owned and while my old '99 holds the most cherished spot in my heart, my 2010 is far and away the best VFR yet and just one helluva great motorcycle in general. Only real drawback is the fuel economy. But even that can be forgiven with the fun to be had on this bike.