New Member From Everett WA area.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by profile.php84, Feb 17, 2012.

1. profile.php84

profile.php84 New Member

Just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself to the forum. My name is Josh, you can find me @Saintzman on twitter. I bought a 2006 VFR800A in Pearl White back in April of 2011. I LOVE this bike!!! It had a little over 4450 miles on it when I got it and it is in great shape. Since Buying the Bike I've been frequenting this site for information, doing some light modifications to the Bike. It was completely Stock when I got it and I have since; Fully gutted the stock mufflers, Put a Zero Gravity DB Windscreen on, Installed a Werkes Fender eliminator, Installed a Throttlemeister throttle lock, Oh and one of my Favorites... The 6000k HID kit from Wiremybike.com I am here to both share my information, riding experience, and a shared love for the VFR!!! I have already learned so much from those of you members that have posted between last April and now. Thank you and I look forward to talking / Riding with you guys!!!

2. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    I think the white bikes sux but that is OK. You are still welcome to this site. I willl give tyou the wave when I go through in April.

3. profile.php84

profile.php84 New Member

Thanks... I guess everyone has their opinion. Ride safe

4. rbednar

rbednar New Member

United States
    Map
    Welcome aboard! How do you like the ZG windscreen? Does it give you a bit more protection than the stock? Do you still get a blast in the face or helmet? Any buffeting? Trying to figure out what to do with my stocker - I'm 6'2" and it hits me right below in the neck and chin (much more noticeable when riding in February on the east coast)

5. profile.php84

profile.php84 New Member

Thanks and yes it does seem to help with the buffeting plus adds that nice look of the tint and design. I am 6'0" FYI and I have noticed in a tuck I get far superior protection from wind. Still some at the Chin which I believe is hitting us from the little inlet at the bottom of the Windscreen. I Have temporarily blocked that hole and noticed a big difference in the Chin. I'm all the way on the West coast so i know what you mean about the chill. Hope this helps you on your choice!

6. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map
    Just giving you a hard time. Check my photo gallery. Mine is almost identical to yours. Only probably not is as good shape.

7. profile.php84

profile.php84 New Member

Haha I'm not offended man Thanks for the welcome. Ya I see that in your pics, very nice IMO. I am runnin out of things to buy for it! And I don't think the wife will let me get the supercharger for $5,000

8. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map
    When I bought mine...still in the crate...I settled on the white cause I didn't care for the alternatives. Boy did I ever get a lot of compliments shortly after. That was August 06 so there were not too many of them around. Mine is presently in the paint shop cause the paint is plain worn out. I have managed to rack about 90,000 miles on mine and the road crap has been murder on the farings. Dumping it on its side...oh...5 times I think... seemed to have had a rather detrimental effect on the paint too.