New Member in Arizona

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Eagle Six, May 9, 2017.

1. Eagle Six

Eagle Six New Member

United States
    Map
    Hi Folks,

New member in Navajo County Arizona, picking up a '06 VFR tomorrow. I'm an old guy been riding since 1962 (BSA 250 single)! Currently the other bike is an '07 FJR1300A. Previous to that, a then new '06 ZX-14, and previous to those many others blah, blah. The FJR is great for me and the wife 2-up, but I wanted something a bit smaller when I am solo, but not too small, as the knees just don't fold up like they used to, so an RSV4RF is out of the question and out of the wallet! Looking forward to reading up on the 6th Gen VFR from other members here.

2. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
    You have obviously been active on VFRWorld boss, but it appears you slipped thru the grates. An official hello and welcome from SF to you lad!

3. Eagle Six

Eagle Six New Member

United States
    Map
    Thank You Jason for the Welcome. Since this thread, I have now picked up an 06' ZX14 and I'm again riding what I should have when I got the FJR. The FJR is up for sale, as the wife doesn't like it as much as the VFR and ZX. I'll be keeping the VFR as our second bike (2 is 1, 1 is none). I really like the VFR 9as the wife does also), it's a great little bike, but the ZX14 fits my body and my personality as perfect as any bike I've ever ridden and owned. But at age 71, I think I should be keeping the speeds below triple digits (....well, most of the time!). The grey matter between my ears thinks I'm still 22, and I have to constantly scold myself to avoid jail time.

Samuel likes this.
  4. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
    I was chatting with a lad while sitting in construction traffic on the way to norcal the other day on a ZX-14. He loved that bike, and it was his fav in his stable. Cheers to that!