New Member!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Bubba Zanetti, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    Hello to all in lovely VFR World!

I have been reading this site for some time and thought I would finally sign up (instead of remaining a tourist LOL!)

Everyone seems really cool and friendly. Alas, you are VFR owners which friendliness and coolness comes with the territory!

Anyway, I have been riding since 1998 and my second bike was a 3rd gen (93 in pearl white). I now own a 4th gen (97 in red) See attached pictures. So I know RVFR will be happy another 4th gen is in town!

I look forward to sharing ideas, grips, mechanical advice, etc. with you all.

O-ya, I live in Delaware.

Talk with you all soon!:smile:

Attached Files:

2. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Hi You Got that right.. Big Welcome Is see you have Prudy wheels, those a take are chrome?

then that white Viffer, still one of the classiest IMO, down Vman down
    Good job with the photos..

3. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    Thanks RVFR!

Yes, the 4th Gen has chrome wheels. The guy who owned it before me put them on. Oddly, I would never have put them on because of cost. All flash no dash! No what I mean? But once you have a set...damn they look nice.

Talk to you soon!

4. SLOVFR

SLOVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Welcome ! Atleast you picked the right year this time :biggrin:

5. Bruise Lee

Bruise Lee New Member

Map
    Bubba, those bikes are bitchen. What a set of beautiful motorcycles to have in the garage. Welcome.

6. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    welcome to the group bubba...

7. R.W.

R.W. New Member

United States
    Map

I agree with beautiful bikes in his garage statement, two of the best looking VFR's I've seen, but if he adds a 5g to that mix, his property values will sky rocket :lol:

:welcome: Bubba

8. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    Thanks Everyone!

I should have clarified something in my first post. I no longer have the 1993. I sold her 2 years ago. It was very hard decision.

I didn't make my post very long because I had my 7 month old son on my lap and he was attacking the keyboard! I think all babies watch Fight Club in the wonb 100 times or something because they really seem to single out technology to destroy.

So the 3rd gen was set free to a gentleman in Southeastern PA. And about 5 months later, I picked up the 1997 from a frendly fellow in New Jersey.

Thanks again everyone!

9. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    Hey R.W.

The pipes have the same sound as the single, but they seem sychronized together. When I first bought the bike and went over to a friends house he thought I had purchased a duc. All he saw when I was coming down the street was red and heard the real deep gurgle of V4 bliss. And these pipes really do bring out the V4 sound.

I had to buy an additional part from Two Brothers and when I spoke to the guy on the phone he told me the system was not that popular. You can still find them in overstock exhaust wharehouse places for $650.00. I know TB made the system for the Suzuki TL1000 too.

The shotgun exhaust looks and sounds amazing, but I question how much was really gained in HP. I had the 97 jetted to Stage 1 and a K&N Filter put in, and on the Dyno the 97 had 92 ponies. I have never been able to find realiable information on a stock 4th gen and HP at the wheel.

I am a bit behind the times in technology, but if I can figure out a way to record the pipes; I will do so and post the sound clip!

BZ

10. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight Well-Known Member

United States
    Map
    Welcome bubba. Too bad you sold the 93. I think they are distinct looking in the Crystal Pearl White. But now you have rejoined the V-4 world with your 97. Glad to have you hear.

11. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    Thanks VMAN38

12. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Bubba ...depending on Dyno setup, yours should make a few more than that 92hp. Stock was around 94-95hp my 97 put down 98 with stock carbs and filter with a Staintune. My current 97 is just about to get Dynoed, but seat of the pants tells me it's even stronger, it too has a Staintune, but with the addition of a K-N and as far as I know the jetting is stock, so will be interesting what I find out.

13. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    HP at the wheel

RVFR:

In response to my 97 being dynoed at 92 HP at the wheel.

I did some research and it did seem low, but I am getting good gas milage, the bike pulls great, other people have taken it out and said it seemed fine, and the guy who did the work has a great reputation.

I have not checked the spark plugs yet, but I am sure I would have noticed if the 97 was running rich or lean.

The only thing I found was the dyno-jet kit with the Two Brothers works well, but the factory jet kit and the TB exhaust works really well.

I found that info on another VFR site.

It is hard to justify another 100 bucks for a few more HP I probably will never use.

Let me know how your current dyno goes too!

TTYL