New Northern Colorado Viffer

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by bikehikeflyCO, Oct 16, 2014.

Tags:
  1. bikehikeflyCO

bikehikeflyCO New Member

Map
    Hello everybody,

I have been a lurker to the forum for a few months while doing research on getting a new to me motorcycle and whittled down the choices to either a BMW R1150R or a Honda VFR; as you can tell I ended up with the VFR as I am posting here.

I would up purchasing a 2000 yellow VFR800 with 22k miles on it for a fairly decent price, although it need a little bit of work done to it. It came with heli-bars, a two brothers high mount exhaust and the Givi Top case to it. Fairing are in fairly good shape, save for a few scratches on the tank and then a torn seat. So far I have put on new tires, changed the oil and filter, flushed the coolant system, changed the front and rear pads and have replaced the rear rotor. Future plans include: a new aftermarket R/R (nothing wrong with the factory one, yet, so I figured I would replace it before something goes wrong), givi side rack mounts, hard cases, new brake/clutch levers and eventually heated grips. I am also looking into getting a Sargent seat to replace the OEM one.

This is my first sport touring bike and I am sure that it will not be the last as I have had nothing but fun on it since I purchased.

20141011_155339.jpg

2. stewartj239

stewartj239 Member

United States
    Map
    Congratulations and welcome. A while back I owned a 5th Gen (1999) and it is a great bike. I do love the gear whine that it had. With your list of improvements, it sounds like it will be like new before you know it.

3. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Welcome to the World. Rode through Fort Collins with an over night stay at the KOA this past spring. When I left in the morning I promptly got lost. Well, explored alternative destinations at the very least. Stay tuned. Tinkerinwithstuff should be by soon. He is in Fort Collins and rides a gen 5.5. Yellow to boot. A wealth of knowledge he is. As are others here.