New (old) VFR owner and loving it

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Bruisedknee, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Bruisedknee

Bruisedknee New Member

Hi all,

having always had Yamahas I decided, after a couple of years off the bikes, to go for a VFR. I have heard nothing but good things about these bikes and so, when a friend of mine put his up for sale, I jumped at the chance. As a 1999 model its quite old but the mileage is low at 24K.

Well, you would never believe this bike is 16 years old. Its in great condition and goes like shit off a shovel. Suffice to say, I'm converted. Also, very pleased to come across the VFRworld forum which has, in the few short weeks I've owned the bike, provided a wealth of useful information.

Ian

2. marriedman

marriedman New Member

United States
    Map
    I've had 3 VFR's so far, and as a total package I'd say you have the best of the breed. With suspension upgrades, beefed up charging system and hard luggage, it's one helluva a bike!

Now post some pics!

3. Knight

Knight New Member

United States
    Map
    Hi BruisedKnee. Welcome to a highly friendly and supportive community. It is nice to meet another person and rider from across the gaping pond between us.

4. Laker

Laker New Member

Canada
    Map
    Hi Ian. I have had my 2000 since new and everytime I ride it I have a thrill. If you are old you will fit in well here with the rest of us experienced owners. Have fun on your VFR. Laker