New owner, New member

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Gandolf, May 9, 2006.

1. Gandolf

Gandolf New Member

I Just bought a 95 VFR with 12K, nice bike. One of the modifications the previous owner performed was new tapered steering head bearings, which were too tight!!
    I road it home (35 miles) and the pucker factor was an 8 the whole way, ever rode a bike with tight head brgs? it's like riding a flat almost. I fixed that and now it is a wonderful bike. It reminds me of the two V-Max's I once owned, however it is quite a bit less powerful but handles a whole lot better. I have had over 30 bikes and have always wanted a VFR. This one has been re-painted yellow and looks good. It's had a few mods, Race tech valves and springs, Kirker slip-on, windscreen, head bearings, seat. I thought I would say hello and review the forum to glean some information.

2. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    hello and congrats and welcome. there is tons of info you can get just from searching the forums. the advanced search option is pretty cool so it should help you out considerably. Also, there are several regular users that seem to know what the're talking about. Except for me, don't pay any attention. ;)

3. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight Well-Known Member

United States
    Map
    Welcome to the community. It is always good to gain another member.