New rear turn signals

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by Army86VFR750, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Army86VFR750

Army86VFR750 New Member

I was out today and found these at Cycle Gear (cheap plug) in Bear, DE (I stand corrected!). They are still in the 'period' look, but really small and really bright. Total cost, 15.99 for lights, 3.80 for heat shrink to hide wires, plus 30 miles of riding on a beautiful day. 20 minutes to install. Wired right in, correct plug ends.

Made by Motrax.

Next fronts! (They were in the mailbox as I was finishing up the rears!) Painted them to match the red on the fairing. Should be done tomorrow evening. Going on a ride first.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 23, 2008
  2. slippy

slippy New Member

Technically, you were in Bear, DE. ;)

(unless of course there's another cycle gear I don't know about)

3. Army86VFR750

Army86VFR750 New Member

Yeah, I guess so. Hey, what's 6 or 7 miles? Isn't there another big bike place up there? North East Cycle or something? I found C/G just riding up 40.

4. slippy

slippy New Member

It's a lot to us small town guys =)

Powersports east (formerly Honda East) is just a few miles past there (not highly recommended, for gear or bikes - they've had a VFR in there for like 2 years now) and then Kneedraggers (very highly recommended for those who don't know - link ) is just a few miles past that.

Back to the subject, those lights actually look pretty good. I might have to pick some up for my 500, as mine are a little 'limp' =(

5. pghmailman

pghmailman New Member

You just gave me a new project for today. Looks good. Thanks

6. Army86VFR750

Army86VFR750 New Member

That was the big thing with mine. Nothing sucks worse than being limp :)

I might have to go up to Kneedraggers on Friday. There was a swingarm stand at C/G for a good price, and I have a $20 off coupon. I want to ride the bike up though.

I like that area up there. I have friends that lives in New Castle, might have to call them.

The lights work great. I went on a ride today, and my buddy says they're very bright.

7. way2faded

way2faded New Member

Map
    are they available online... mine are sagging bigtime...and i allready electrically taped them to make them more fiirm and less floppy.. If you or someone could find me a link or just the model# of them would appreciate it.. I hate those rear turn signals..ntm i kick them getting off the bike all the time...

8. Army86VFR750

Army86VFR750 New Member

Cycle Gear - Motorcycle Apparel, Parts and Accessories

Ask, and ye shall receive...here you go. They're the micro diamonds, black/amber. I figured I put up the whole page so you can see all the choices. There might even be a store near you!

If not, just a click away.