"New to me" VFR

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by Lifttruck, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Lifttruck

Lifttruck New Member

United States
    Well here we go. I've been mostly lurking around here for a year or so but since I purchased one of the VFR's from the classified section I thought it might be a good time for an introduction. My very clean and very sorted 5th gen. was totaled by a ham-fisted mechanic from a local shop earlier this year. After three plus months of negotiations with the shop's insurance co. I finally settled. I purchased VaRollOn's 6th gen and brought it home to PA. I picked up the bike this morning in VA and then visited another VFR guy who lives too far from VaRollOn's house. I pulled in back at my place here in the Pittsburgh PA area just before 5:00 pm. I can't wait t oget it registered here in PA and assault some of the regions twistys. Not that I haven't been doing that some this summer without my 5th gen. I was VFR-less not bike-less. This summer has been interesting as I spent a lot of time doing track days. I even did a day at Mid-Ohio which was a blast. I have acouple moe track days planned so the new VFR may be ridden very little until next season. I will get out on it this year though. Rest assured.

2. nozzle

nozzle New Member

United States
    Map
    Glad you made it home safely! Take care of VARollon's bike... he'll likely want it back in a year ;-)

3. eddievalleytrailer

eddievalleytrailer Member

United States
    Map
    I hate that VARollon sold his bike, but glad that a VFRW member got it. Take good care of it, and in about 11 months I'll bet you could find a buyer for it in VA. if you wanted/needed to sell it.

4. nozzle

nozzle New Member

United States
    Map
    new bike

:rolleyes:

well, I guess after further thought, he'd likely want the amazing long anticipated 2008 VFR seeing how it's a 6th gen bike and it's not red.

:tongue:

5. VaRollOn

VaRollOn New Member

United States
    Map
    Nice! Enjoy the ride LiftTruck! I'll be back! Even if on a FJR or Tuono or whatever maybe a 5th Gen:pound:

thanks guys
    Rich in Virginia

ps- haven't been able to get to Post Office yet, will send xtra key and book as soon as I can get there... sorry it fell out of folder!