New to the site

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by dgp, Feb 23, 2021.

1. dgp

dgp New Member

Australia
    Map
    Hi everyone, I have been reading heaps on these pages, and just picked up a new to me 4th Gen over the weekend. It is a 10/1995 build (does that make it a 1996 FT model?), red, with 73,000km.
    some of the fairings are a little tired, and there is some damage to the upper RHS around the indicator, but overall for the age I think it’s in pretty good condition.
    I bought one of these brand new back in 1996 and loved it, the one I just picked up has an Omrai pipe, just like my first one and the sound is glorious.
    The bike is running pretty rich and the revs are hanging while changing gears, I suspect a vacuum leak but am yet to look into it. The temp gauge is also only barely registering which I think is odd, but reading posts seems this may be normal for this model.
    Anyway, thanks for the add, I look forward to learning a lot more reading these pages.

Attached Files:

Samuel, duccmann and Viffer J like this.
  2. skimad4x4

skimad4x4 "Official" VFRWorld Greeter

France
    Map
    Hi Dgp and welcome to the MadHouse:Welcome:.

Always good to see another owner with a red VFR as they are always the fastest.

You may want to update your forum profile to include an approximate location - Australia is pretty big but you never know there may be folks on here who live nearby and may be willing to swing by and offer advice or even pick up a spanner or two if you need help sorting the bike - especially if you have a well stocked beer Fridge:drink:.

Take care ATGATT

SkiMad

pi-on likes this.
  3. dgp

dgp New Member

Australia
    Map
    Thanks skidmad, I will head into my profile and update it now. Appreciated.