New tropic needed

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by keny, Jul 1, 2007.

1. keny

keny New Member

Finland
    I think a new tropic is needed. Now the first and second gen vfr inhold 1983 to 1989 bikes, but the tru first gen vfr is the 1986 and 1987 bikes, and the second is 1988 to 1989 bikes, and the pre 1986 biks are VF:s not VFR:s, and I think they should have a own tropic for their discussions. Many might get confused whit the vf: and vfr:s in same tropic, as nothing is the same betwen them. So my suggestion is the first and second gen should be 1986 to 1989 bikes. and a new tropic for pre 1986 vf:s including the VF500, VF750 and VF1000 .

Just my 2 cent...

2. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Hi, Keny. Thanks for your suggestion. I will talk to Michael the owner of vfrworld about this. I think he just went with this current configuration because there is generally low traffic (message wise) in the 1st generation area. I realize you are typing outside you native language so I thought I;d mention to you that the word is topic as opposed to tropic. Not to insult, just to clarify. If I offended you at all, it was not my intent as I am very aware of the difficulty in trying to convey a point in another language.

3. keny

keny New Member

Finland
    Thanks for correcting me, no problem, just glad to get better!
    Ok, I understand its low traffic compared to newer models, but alredy there is vfr guys anvsering to vf guys, and that may come to problems, like putting a to wide tire on a to narrow rim. And also some that say they have a 85 or 84 VFR that is a VF, not a VFR again.

Just my 2 cent again

4. michael

michael Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I don't have a preference either way, does it make sense to change it?

5. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    you know. it really doesn't bother me, but being that we are an international board I can see how we might confuse some people. we are usually pretty good about specifying the model number in our posts. I guess one more message area is not gonna make too much difference. So I guess my answer is, if it's not too much trouble, go ahead and split it...

6. pontiacformula99

pontiacformula99 New Member

I agree that someone could get confused. It took me a minute to realize that a VF750 and a VFR750 were not actually the same model. In fact I still don't know what the difference is, since my focus is on my '86. It wouldn't really be that hard to add a pre 86/VF message board. What would it hurt...

7. keny

keny New Member

Finland
    How about this then, change the topic title to:

"first and second generation 1986-1989 + older VF and exotic VFR" ???

I would at least get clear whats inside, thats its not just VFR:s, also VF:s and could also then include exotics like RC30 and VFR400, as already a mixed model topic, and gain more use...

just my 2 cents again.......