New UK Top Gear

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Joey_Dude, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Joey_Dude

Joey_Dude Member

United States
    Map
    As you're probably aware the previous season of UK Top Gear was abruptly ended when Jeremy Clarkson got axed and his pals joined him.

So BBC is now picking up the pieces with new hosts, Chris Evans and Matt LeBlanc.

I've watched one episode so far and I have to say Chris Evans really needs to tone it down a bit. And vice versa for Matt, he's just a tad bit too cool and could act a bit more alive.

I laughed at the corvette vs viper challenge and at the paparazzi challenge. Obviously it's a bit scripted but it's all entertaining.

Overall I think it's a bit rough and could use a little bit polishing. But I'm going to keep watching in the hopes that it'll get better. Even the original Jeremy cast kind of sucked when they first started out. We all have humble beginnings.

What do you think of the show so far?

2. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
    Ya know, I may be in the minority, but I was never "crazy" about the TG with Jeremy and the guys. He was a bit much sometimes, and he was pretty anti-motorcycle. It sure had some funny moments, and is loads better than the US version.

Sooo...are you talking about Captain America Chris Evans? I can't believe he even has time for that show. Interesting....

3. Joey_Dude

Joey_Dude Member

United States
    Map
    As it turns out there's a different Chris Evans, not the captain america one. Here he is, he's definitely not captain america material:

[​IMG]

And you would have to watch the show but he's quite loud and hyper.

4. derstuka

Map
    Well, it would then seem that he is trying to hard to be funny, and/or emulate his predecessors. Poo on you Mr Evans... lol

5. derstuka

Map
    I'll have to check when it airs.

6. GreyVF750F

GreyVF750F Member

United States
    Map
    I started to watch it once. Could only do about 15 minutes worth. May be it has to grow you for a while. Just to corny for me.

7. Dead Eye Dick AKA Carpy

Dead Eye Dick AKA Carpy New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Have no time for Chris Evans at all. He is so far up his own arse its unbelievable. Everything is forced and seems contrived. This isn't some guy new to TV, he has fronted a number of television shows so he should be better than he is, the problem is he thinks he's awesome and believes his own hype.

I used to really enjoy Clarkson, the Hamster and captain Slow. They bounced off each other like 3 mates having a laugh and enjoying everything they did.

I have watched one episode with asshole evans and it was my last one. It was about as entertaining as a kick in the balls.

Rant over

8. Joey_Dude

Joey_Dude Member

United States
    Map
    So I watched episode 2 and so far it's just a tad bit better. Chris Evans is still overdoing it and like Dead Dick says, he's been in the entertainment industry for years so he should know better. It's like he's decided to just screw it and act like a child. When reviewing the McLaren 65OLT he was a bit annoying with the constant praise of the car. Yes, the car I'm sure is amazing but it's nice to at least to get a more objective review like Jeremy and the gang did. I remember Jeremy did a great review on the McLaren MP4-C saying that despite being a technically brilliant car it simply lacked any fizz. Plus Jeremy went more in-depth on the features of the car and even talked about the manufacturing of the car. Compare that to Chris Evans who basically just yells, "WOW ITS AN AWESOME CAR WHEEEE"

Matt LeBlanc is starting to get familiar with his role doing that SUV challenge but again, Chris Evans is ruining it with his overeager attitude.

Verdict so far is I'll keep watching but fast forward the parts with Chris Evans in it.