New VFR Owner

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by tharkun, Jan 10, 2006.

1. tharkun

tharkun New Member

Well, after years of wanting & looking, but sticking to my long time trusty Goldwings (yeah....had 4 of 'em and been riding them since 1978-including 12 years on one as a LEO motorscout), I tired of scraping the wing on the twisties when out pavement dancing...plus I have got too much invested to drop it. So.....I was looking to add to my stable.

I finally ran across a deal I could not pass up and picked up a Red 2004 VFR w/ 1500 miles last night at a steal of price! Test road it Sat & loved it.

Today I get home & the guy moving into the garage next to mine shows me a sliver & black 2005 Yamaha FZ1 with 400 mile for sale cheap. If I could I'd buy it too! Damn when it rains it pours!

Any way, I am adding Helibar risers & Kisan headlight & tail light modulators, & other safety lights for the street. I am lLooking for ideas on who makes good graphics for the VFR. Also anybody know if the battery system will support the additional load for a GPS along with heated riding gear? Any one experiencing alternator issues with accessories? Thanks for any feedback!

Can't wait for my first track days & some expereinced training at one of the riding schools. Anybody done one of these riding schools on their VFR?

Ride Safe, Ride Paraniod! :smile:

Tharkun

http://tharkunsden.usanethosting.com/

2. jethro911

jethro911 Member

United States
    Map
    Hi Tharkun!
    I rode my 91VFR last year at Jason Pridmore's Star School and it did very well for a 14 year old bike. You will be amazed at what the bike can do and the overall versatility of the machine. I plan to go back this year and attend at least one school or track day a year till I can nolonger throw a leg over her. It's the most fun I have ever had period. Check out their web site for a date near you and get ready to have a blast!

http://www.starmotorcycle.com/