new vfr owner

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by VMad, Apr 6, 2019.

1. VMad

VMad New Member

United Kingdom
    hi all, after a couple of months of searching I bought myself a decent 5th gen at a bargain price. Managed to bag a Staintune for it (what a sound!) and a seat cowl which I had sprayed to match. Just completed a 2000 mile 5 day trip up to Scotland from Devon, she never missed a beat! Off to Spain in the summer for a 2 week trip, can't wait! have already bought full givi setup used off ebay. Anyway here she is

20190319_142002.jpg

20190323_160330.jpg 20190319_142002.jpg

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    Samuel likes this.
  2. skimad4x4

skimad4x4 "Official" VFRWorld Greeter

France
    Map
    Congratulations on your find - a good condition fifth gen VFR in blue is a pretty rare beast.

It looks like that bike was someone's pride and joy as the screen and indicator lenses do not appear to be standard.

If you are lucky the previous owner has already resolved the charging system issues which afflict these bikes. If not it may be an idea to at least add a cheapo voltmeter (sort you can pick up for a dozen quid on the Bay) which will at least allow you to keep an eye on things and spot if volts rise alarmingly, or drop through the floor, and head for some place safe before the energy left in the battery is exhausted and you end up stranded by the roadside.

Doubtless after your recent trips, you now know these bikes are quite top heavy. No problem if you are 6ft plus, but they can be a challenge for smaller and lighter riders, in which case you may want to invest in R&G frame sliders which will greatly reduce any road rash if your bike takes an unplanned nap.

Take care - ATGATT

SkiMad

3. RllwJoe

RllwJoe Insider

United States
    Map
    Welcome Vmad from a brother 5th gen owner. I also have a high mount Staintune and enjoy the "hot rod" sound.

4. Vulcanator

Vulcanator New Member

United States
    Welcome to the forum, looks like you had a great ride. Love the colour, always my favourite.

5. Wiggo

Wiggo New Member

United Kingdom
    I know I'm late to the party, but I do like those clear front indicators. So much so, I just ordered a pair...

6. Deadsmiley

Deadsmiley Member

United States
    Map
    Welcome! I really like that color. Wish we had that over in the USA.