New XJR1300 - Spied a couple of Hot new Nakeds

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by John451, Feb 26, 2015.

1. John451

John451 Member

Australia
    Funny thing was just reading on UKs " motorcyclenews " website about Yamahas new XJR1300 and XJR1300 Racer this morning when during my lunch time walk spied a couple of Yamahas new XJR1300s parked in front of Sydneys Deus Ex machina garage.

" First Ride: Yamaha XJR1300 Racer
    Published: 22 February 2015
    Senior Road Tester Michael Neeves is in Australia for the launch of the new XJR1300 Racer. Here are his initial impressions:
    Yamaha has taken the out-going XJR1300 ‘musclebike’, left the basics alone, like the engine and chassis and given it a café racer-inspired facelift. It has a smaller tank and headlight, a black exhaust and a chopped-down subframe - all for just £8599.
    But this is the £1000 more expensive ‘Racer’ version. It comes with clip-ons, a carbon fibre solo seat cover, short front mudguard and a bikini fairing. "

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new-bikes/2015/february/first-ride-yamaha-xjr1300-racer/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  2. Lint

Lint Member

United States
    Map
    Naked??? I got all excited for a sec!

3. RotaryRocketeer

RotaryRocketeer New Member

Those are some good looking units. I like what Yamaha is doing right now.

4. John451

John451 Member

Australia
    Thought they looked great even parked the only negative to practical ownership I could see is the rather small 3.8 US gallon tank.

5. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again Member

United States
    Good lookin bikes. BTW....Here in the South they are pronounced "Nekkid" bikes

6. RotaryRocketeer

Might have to inquire at my local stealership when this snow subsides.

7. RotaryRocketeer

Correction. It looks like the powers that be at Yamaha aren't planning to import this model to the US. Thanks Obama. :witless:

8. John451

John451 Member

Australia
    Just curious, what's Obama got to do with Yamaha importing this machine into the US.

9. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States

In this dudes mind probably everything. In reality nuttin.. He may be getting confused with the Ronny Raygun tariffs on all imports to bail HD out of the tank.

More to the point. What might they be called here. and who in the hell is it in these outfits that names the bikes differently for different sales areas.

That should have gone bye-bye with the Chevrolet Nova sales in Latin America. No Va= It don't go..

Of course in a language unfamiliar to most of us a "Honda_____", or a "Yamaha_____" could mean I want to bite your sister's bum after I smear it with honey..

10. GreyVF750F

GreyVF750F Member

United States
    Map
    Those bikes take me back to the 70's. UJM's made to look like race bikes of the day. Yawn.....................

11. MPH Racing

MPH Racing New Member

Canada
    Map
    The 70's just called and they want their bikes back....... WTF is Yamahahaha doing ?? following Harley and making bikes that look (and probably feel) like the garbage made 40-60 years ago. Retro is fine but it's being over done.

12. Badbilly

United States
    OMG!!! What can we expect next. Rigid frames and 1" diameter fork tubes? Give me my transformers back! Waaahh.

Those damn dudes at Yamaha probably are going to put ignition cutoffs that come in at 55MPH and the bikes will only have one gear..

Then again maybe we'll luck oot and they will all be shipped to Canada.

13. GreyVF750F

GreyVF750F Member

United States
    Map
    I just realized how those bikes came about. Yamaha is pulling a Shelby. They found a bunch of 70's frames, forks and pieces and decided to revitalize the UJM using old parts written off years ago. So half the bike is free to them. Then they throw on some new tech shocks and brakes. Ta-Da new retro bikes. Those Yammies are smart, ah yup.

14. Arnzinator

Arnzinator New Member

United States
    Map
    What's really funny is Yamaha filmed a promotional video for the non-US XJR at Keino Cycles in Brooklyn, NY.

Link: 2015 Yamaha XJR1300

15. RotaryRocketeer

Absolutely nothing, it's just a joke that a local radio personality throws out once in a while in response to negativity or bad news. Sometimes I forget that connotation is hard to decipher online.

16. OZ VFR

OZ VFR Member

Australia
    Map
    I'm all for new stuff that's made to look like old stuff, but old stuff that's made to look like new old stuff is pointless in my opinion.
    I also suspect that they are using old stock and old machinery to build a new old bike.
    When you think of it, all motorcycle manufacturers have been doing hard compared to the golden age of bike selling. And I suspect that they are trying to come up with new things, while keeping their costs down.
    WTF? That's nearly AU$19000.
    It's fine if everything gets updated, but in this case it's not. Air cooled engine, twin shock rear, conventional front shocks, nothing new here.
    You can get an old bike that will feel the same for a lot less.
    I can think of many other bikes to spend my money on which will get you a lot more bang for your bucks.

17. Badbilly

United States

Since when is Rush Limbaugh a local boy? Just when we were trying to forget him.

18. John451

John451 Member

Australia
    Not sure it'll be that much here as they have to pay an import duty in the UK, we have a free trade agreement with Japan so technically should be less, as for an old bike for a lot less, it depends on whose buying it as a lot or people like new and shiny with the confidence of knowing its History with a new bike warranty. While looking "old" would expect the XJR1300 to handle and stop noticeably better than a friends similar looking XS1100 with its wooden disks and spaghetti frame he was riding in the early to mid '80s.

Personally I'd like to get a new model VFR800 next year but if I was into buying a newish old bike failing finding a pristine low mileage Kawasaki ZRX 1200 I'd take one for a test ride.

19. OZ VFR

OZ VFR Member

Australia
    Map
    Not sure when we're going to see the free trade agreement with Japan come into effect.
    I hope it makes a difference on bike prices.
    Everything in the UK seems ridiculously expensive compared to the rest of the world.
    The ZXr 1200 is also on my pick list, awesome bike apparently, so is the Triumph Sprint ST.
    I love my 5th gen, but I wouldn't complain about a few more horses.

I remember the XS 1100 of the early 80's, the first ones got recalled because the front wheel use to explode at over 100kmh.
    I would think for the price, an MT09 would be a better buy, lighter, faster, more HP, don't know about the looks though.

20. Badbilly

United States