Newb in Va beach with my first vfr.. love it

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by tb77, Mar 21, 2013.

Tags:
  1. tb77

tb77 New Member

Hello to all in VFRworld... I just bought 1 91 vfr750 off of Craigslist a few weeks ago... It ran good but did need a bit of tlc... My thanks to all that have posted before me as I had to utilize several resources to successfully get it all straight and on the road... Just got it inspected yesterday and really got to ride it... The previous owner was/is a member... but I could not find the link.. I believe he was from Richmond or Williamsburg Va. It's mods consist of racetech front springs, ohlins rear shock(unsure of origin) shortened and gutted factory muffler, shifter upgrade, 15t front and 45t sprockets( crazy short ratio, but fun as hell) might have to switch the rear back to 43t and cut chain... I just pulled all fairings and repainted from satin black to graphite metallic, changed plugs, oil, coolant, fuel filter, fuel lines, and several vacuum lines, fixed the side stand switch( I will add my mod here to the appropriate forum, as instead of splicing wires together, I added a washer under the bolt which increased the pressure with which is mounts to the sidestand... no failure yet with approx 80 miles on horrible va beach roads).. .I will post pics once I get the lower and side fairings back on. Thanks you again everyone... Tim Happy VFR owner.

2. junkins45

junkins45 New Member

Nice man congrats on getting her up and running. Me and another guy ride on our 6th gens down here you are more than welcome to join up

3. junkins45

junkins45 New Member

And p.s. we like to see pics

4. white_335i

white_335i New Member

Congrats and welcome to the viffer world. Post some pictures..

5. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    :welcome: to the madness
    Make yourself like at home
    Glad to have you
    :vtr2: post some pictures before peeps call you a liar or wannabe

6. smack doogle

smack doogle New Member

United States
    I've seen your bike on craigslist a few times and I even remember reading the threads on here about the build of it a few years ago!!! Your bike seems to have some nice add-ons to an already awesome bike. Enjoy the ride. There are a few of us with VFRs in your area. As far as I know we are all active duty military knuckle heads of some branch or another. I commute everyday on my VFR from Elizabeth City but I never see another VFR on the roads.
    When I get home in August (I'm currently deployed) I plan on setting up some rides and you're more than welcome to join in.

Anyway, welcome.