newbie 1984 interceptor excitement/punishment?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by triharder, Sep 7, 2009.

1. triharder

triharder New Member

United States
    I'm on the hook for suggesting to a friend he purchase a non-running 1984 honda interceptor. (after all the 84-87 was the bike that started a sport bike obession for me). rwb wow.

Well I fell for it and so did he. He purchased a 84 with 42k on it. obviously a bike that hadn't been babied or spoiled for at least the last few year (10 I'd say a least). Kid we bought from said it ran great 2 months ago. doubtful with the mess we found in the carbs.

After paying $500 to buy the vessel and then additional 200 bucks for used pulse generators and rebuild starter the bike ran for about 38 miles before it died. rode yesterday for 37 miles no worries. (of course the drain on the bowls for the carbs never drained anything but my knowledge of v-4's begins and ends with this bike).

Anyway I broke the plastic line that goes from the fuel input line to carbs 1 & 3. today the bike is broken. (I can speak from experience after a 1.5 mile push with a 480 lb bike (dry wieght as advertised) this one closer to 600+ lbs.

Anyway I guess I should have read the site closer in the last few days and I won't have wasted my time/energy/plastic "goes into" fuel line between carbs 1 & 3 by removing the air into "box" from the carbs themselves.

any suggestions on how to manufacture a plastic line please tell. Also great site thanks for all the help and motivation to get this bike up and running.

thanks for everything and sorry for the long post (doubtful anybody has read to this point).

Attached Files:

2. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    Welcome aboard.

3. michelle@az

michelle@az New Member

welcome. i can't help, but you make me feel better about my $500 v4 that needed a more minor carb cleaning and gas tank coating ;)