Newest upgrade

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by Pnoyryder, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Pnoyryder

Pnoyryder New Member

United States
    Just installed this awesome piece of engineering into my baby today! Afterwards I must say it's almost a must have and looks sweet. Precision cut from aluminum and laser etched with the VFR logo. Shout out to Kevs Shed from across the pond for this idea. I originally tried to buy it from the same guy he got it from over in the UK but he won't ship to the US smh. Luckily I saw the exact same thing, if not even better as it cost me less and has the logo from Canada. Highly recommended! Link below...
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-VFR-...-/124593348750?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292 20210324_122704.jpg 20210324_174815.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

philois1984 likes this.
  2. Pnoyryder

Pnoyryder New Member

United States
    Btw you need to get a JIS set to get the back screws off from the ignition or you may end up stripping them. I'm thinking of putting either a tire pressure monitor or gear indicator for the other slot but haven't found one that's round

philois1984 likes this.
  3. Thorinn Oakunsheyld

Thorinn Oakunsheyld New Member

Canada
    Map
    This looks very tidy. Followed the link to e bay but I don't think it will fit my 1st gen. Working on a 52 mm (US -- 2 ") dial install. Trying to use a fog light housing but it's bulky. I like how your install is very clean and keeps everything "tucked in." Sight lines are uninterrupted. May have to try a 1" unit instead.
    The great thing about these type of accessories is you can mess around with parts, stop when you like, even go off on a ride, and not have to sweat getting her
    put back together.

4. Pnoyryder

Pnoyryder New Member

United States
    Thanks! I'm very happy with it and it looks like it's from the factory too. Now I'm just trying to figure out how to fit the other accessory to look the same. Best of luck to you and your search. If you know someone with 3D printer they might be able to fabricate something similar.