Nice Little Ride

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by SCraig, Sep 17, 2008.

1. SCraig

SCraig New Member

I felt the desperate need to get out of the house for a few days. Actually I felt the desperate need to get out of TOWN for a few days. So, I packed up the VFR Saturday and headed south. I love to collect National Park Passport Stamps so I picked some stops that had stamps available.

Saturday got me from Nashville to Tifton, GA by way of Tuskegee, AL. Sunday was from Tifton, GA to Tybee Island, GA by way of St. Augustine, FL. Monday from Tybee Island to Asheville, NC through parts of South Carolina. Tuesday I just beat it back home. 1800 miles, 6 state, 4 days. I love that kind of traveling!

LOTS of photos are on my web site at This Page but here are a few teasers ;) The thumbnails below are links to larger photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Craig in Alabama

Craig in Alabama New Member

That looks like a nice ride, Scott!
    I think I would have had to hang out for a while at photo #2...

Cheers! :smile:
    Craig

3. Davidvfr

Davidvfr New Member

Map
    Good read on the trip report & photos.

:smile:

4. GeorgiaRider

GeorgiaRider New Member

Nice write up on your website Scott.
    I don't know how you cover 'so much ground' in a single day! I get hung-up looking at stuff. I could hang out all day in the fort at St. Augustine, but it looks like you're there for a few minutes, then off you go!
    Great pics as well.
    Gary

5. SCraig

SCraig New Member

Well, guys, I didn't hang out at many of the spots because it was HOT! Boots and jeans are not the proper apparel for 90 degrees and 500% humidity! Sweat was absolutely pouring off my face, my helmet padding was soaked, even my gloves were soaked with sweat. I thought Tennessee was bad but it's even worse there.

Tybee Island is a great place though. I could have stayed around there for a couple of days and just watched the waves roll in and the boats go by.