Olympia moto sports gear

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Aimbot9000, May 24, 2016.

1. Aimbot9000

Aimbot9000 New Member

United States
    Map
    Has anyone here used it? How does it stand up to daily use? Would you buy it again?
    I'm looking at their airglide gear.

I'm sick of the false economy of cheap gear that I have to replace yearly. I know I'm hard on gear commuting 5 days a week rain or shine and goofing off the other two but I'd like to get two or dare I say three years from a jacket or pant without the waterproof un-proofing or zippers/stitching breaking.

If not Olympia then what brand do you recommend?

2. Jeff_Barrett

Jeff_Barrett Member

Canada
    Map
    Aerostich ... that is all.

3. V4toTour

V4toTour New Member

United States
    my olympia motoquest jacket/pants have survived 4 USA crossings plus thousands of other miles. Suit includes rain gear that works great. Other than the velcro on the neck latch wearing out (too be expected), haven't had any other issues. I would purchase again.

4. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
    I like look and fit, however, after two jacket and pants sets, I would not buy again. Subpar quality/workmanship and leaked like a sieve. I had to sew the jacket back together in several places after one week of wearing it....and this is from a rider that WANTS to like them. They can do better, A LOT better.

YMMV...

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  5. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    A friend of mine wears Olympia as a police uniform and swears by it. He has bought a suit for himself. The three in one with the built in camelback. He has just got it so hasn't really put it through its paces yet. I bought a set of their pants and am pleased with them. I mated those up with a Tourmaster jacket wbich is complete shit. So is the company's handli g of complaints.

6. James Bond

James Bond Member

United States
    Map
    Olympia makes very good and durable stuff. I use it and recommend it.

7. GigemVFR

GigemVFR New Member

United States
    Map
    No suit or jacket but I wear some Olympia gloves. They have held up fairly well. I do not consider them expensive gloves but not cheapies either. Mid-line quality to me and pretty good bang for the buck. However, I have tried on gloves by nearly every mfr out there and these fit my short, fat fingers the best by far so that is why I stick with them.

8. Six-Demon-Bag

Six-Demon-Bag New Member

Personally I don't like the "American" fit that Olympia uses. It feels puffy when I try it on, like a marshmallow. Fit is important to me, I like my gear to fit me, not tight, just so it doesn't balloon out when I crouch down like Olympia does. I prefer a more "European" fit I guess. I own a Richa Spirit jacket (Belgium) and it fits perfect, like it was tailored just for me. The downside is the cost.

Over the last year or 2 I hate to say it but I've become more of a gear snob, I can't do the cheap stuff anymore either. For something a step up but not just outright expensive I would suggest Scorpion or Rev'it. I have owned both and a noticeable step up in fit, durability, and quality over Joe Rocket and the likes. Scorpion makes the Yosemite jacket which is a great all-around jacket, comes in high-viz too. Rev'it makes the Levante which is similar in how it has mesh panels like the Yosemite. Both are around $300 and well worth it.

After that is the high end stuff of which I own a Klim Lattitude jacket. MSRP is well over $600 but if you wait until the end of the season you can get a deal on last year's model. I picked up a Lattitude jacket for around $350 it's a very versatile, comfortable, and waterproof jacket as it has the Gore-Tex liner built in. No carrying a waterproof liner with you and it's got 8 vents so tons of airflow. Not to mention it comes with D30 armor and available in high-viz as well. Best all-around jacket I've owned.

Good luck!

9. James Bond

James Bond Member

United States
    Map
    I wear Olympia, have gone down with it, it did the job, and it's good stuff. FWIW. My high viz yellow jacket looks like bug and dirt city. I'm a rider, LOL!!