Online resources for OEM cowls (5th Gen)?

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Blackbeard, Aug 5, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Blackbeard

Blackbeard New Member

United States
    Map
    The PO of my '01 drilled a 3" hole through the front left cowl, and the thought of replacing it has got me thinking about just replacing all of the fiberglass.
    I've been doing some research, but so far have been mostly unsuccessful in finding OEM replacements.
    Seems that everything I'm finding in the expected places (mainly ebay and CL) is either used and damaged or chintzy-looking aftermarket cr@p.

Bottom line is that I would like to buy OEM in new condition.
    Of course it goes without saying that to be able to get them at any kind of discount would be the preference. :)

Has anyone purchased from a reliable source that you'd be willing to turn me on to?

2. zoom-zoom

zoom-zoom Member

Canada
    Map
    Hey Blackbeard

I have ordered OEM parts from Honda Parts Nation for both my current bike (2000 VFR - 5th Gen) and my previous bike (4th - Gen) and their prices were great and shipping was very quick. They list parts as OEM and they are listed at 40% off of actual Honda dealer parts prices. The parts I ordered were actually a lot more than just 40% off (more like 55%) but that may be because the prices for parts from Honda Canada are actually more, dollar for dollar, than prices in the US. I ordered a lower cowl for my current bike (the 2000 VFR) and the part was at my door 4 days later, and for A LOT less than the dealer in Canada had quoted me. Give them a look. I understand that a number of people on this forum have also used a company called Ron Ayers for parts as well. I'm sure more people will chime in as well. Good luck.

Ron Ayers - Ronayers.com Ron Ayers Motorsports
    Honda Parts Nation - Honda Motorcycle Parts Up To 40% Off, Honda ATV Parts, Honda Scooter Parts,Honda Accessories

3. DaHose

DaHose New Member

United States
    Map
    New, OEM plastics (ABS, not fiberglass)? I hope you are made of money. Figure about $2500 or so to replace all major pieces and then another $1500 - $2000 for paint.

I would instead suggest you read up on ABS welding a fill the hole back in.

Jose

4. mello dude

mello dude Administrator

United States
    Map
    Check --- Powersports Plus.....

Honda Motorcycle Parts

I have found they have the best pricing on most items......

+1 to RonAyers too....