Ordered my new VFR Today...

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by TGoranson, Feb 17, 2015.

1. TGoranson

TGoranson New Member

What are must have accessories for it?

What exhaust do you think sounds the best on it?

Coming from a 2006 Suzuki bandit 650, I'm pretty excited for a new bike. Planning on putting a lot of miles on it.

2. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Lucky bastad, hopefully in white....go to the 8th gen thread, sure you will find all the new farkles there. Congratulations bud.Wounder, you guys oot there get the 6th gen white and black right? do they do that paint with the 15?

3. Ranex

Ranex New Member

Canada
    I'm fairly certain we only get White and Red (how Canadian). The red looks pretty skookum, but I must say, the white one they had at the local Motorcycle show a couple weeks ago was mighty appealing.

4. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    You should see it the sunlight. ...amazing

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  5. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    I want a new VFR with 1 front mounted radiator! Congrats.

6. Allyance

Allyance Insider

United States
    Map
    I always wanted a new VFR in white, but ended up getting a slightly used Red one. The Red has grown on me because of the quality of the paint and finish. You can't go wrong with either one.

7. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Alliance, what pipe did you get again? It still sounds exactly the same as your ( I think) 6 gen right? Love the red as well, shit my bike and truck are red

8. Big_Jim59

Big_Jim59 Member

United States
    Map
    I sat on one at the dealer and I think you are going to need to do something about the stock seat. I was not impressed. White would be my choice too.

9. 94VFRVA

94VFRVA New Member

United States
    Map
    Felt the same about the seat after sitting on one today. After asking a sales guy about how they've been selling so far, he replied, "Terrible. People consider them an "old man's bike". I think it has more to do with the sticker shock... 15k :unsure:

Anyway, I think it's a gorgeous bike.. haven't seen one in white yet except for review vids on youtube.

10. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Duc. The only 6th gen here that has black with the white is the '09. The '06 is all white like mine used to be. The 8th gen here is all white like what you get down there. As far as I know anyways. I think they got the white/black '09 in Australia too.

11. Lint

Lint Member

United States
    Map
    On the return portion of my trip to Nashville, I took a break at a Honda dealer somewhere in Oklahoma. It's right off of the 40, on the east bound side. My butt was hurting as well s my knees. I thought that this would be a good time to sit on an 8th gen and to be honest, I felt like I was sitting on my'05. I thought it being a new bike, it would have felt better on the buttocks, but it basically didn't feel any different at all. I'd still like to own I've, but maybe I'm just old.

12. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Yah, I like the white and black, looks great.
    "Old mans bike"
    I take offense to that remark. Oh.. guess I am, never mind

13. Allyance

Allyance Insider

United States
    Map
    Haven't gotten a pipe yet, will get the DAM with matte body and polished tip, been waiting for Euro conversion to get better!
    [​IMG]

14. Big_Jim59

Big_Jim59 Member

United States
    Map
    I love the bike but I can see why they are not moving. The press liked the lack of graphics but sitting on the showroom floor they look rather plain next to more flashy offerings. You would think that Honda, when building the next generation of a given bike, would haunt the forums and look at the mods people make to their bikes. Almost universally owners raise the bars and fix the seat. Maybe the sticker price would be more palatable if it came with bags to match its sport touring aspirations.

In a way, I guess they are an old mans bike. It has taken me a long time and many bike to end up with a VFR. Now I am ruined. I can't really like anything else since the VFR does everything I want it to do from touring to sport riding all in one great package. I got a Kawasaki Concours for a really good price and rode it a bit but couldn't love it. All I could think about was comparing it to my VFR and the thing felt like a truck in comparison. I sold it on this week and I am very happy.

15. Arnzinator

Arnzinator New Member

United States
    Map
  16. TGoranson

TGoranson New Member

Ya, it is coming in white, I've been thinking of doing it up with tricolour though. Mind you if the white is as gorgeous as you say in person I may just change my mind.

17. whitedove

whitedove New Member

Accessories: gel seat from luimoto, had a sergeant seat on my 6th gen and loved it, lighter exhaust, got a Delkevic for small profile and cost is super reasonable, my bike is white and beautiful, oh get a tank protector. Doesn't need much else, its perfect!

18. fatshoutybloke

fatshoutybloke New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    When I first rode one on a test day last May I thought the same about the seat but now having owned mine since October I can't figure out why I had a problem with it (though I had a Sargent seat on my 6th gen and loved it so if they do eventually make one I'll be tempted). If it had higher bars I'd be looking for some way to lower them, it's ergonomics are perfect for me!

Accessories-wise I have the Honda hugger and Pyramid fender extender, plus Bagster tank cover for attaching tankbag (I don't do hard luggage!). New exhaust can coming soon, currently thinking Remus. Also still toying with the idea of a Scottoiler for the chain, very popular over here and I had one on both my previous VFRs so I know how good they are.

19. whitedove

whitedove New Member

Yes, i did get a honda hugger too, they help keep the tail section clean, don't know much about the oiler but it is a smart accessories choice.

20. edgett

edgett New Member

United States
    Map
    I bought the white one and thus far have only added a Two Bros slip-on (it sounds great). Visually I do prefer the DAM slip-on, but I could not find one in the U.S. Given that exhaust note is really an individual taste, it's worth going through the inventory on YouTube to identify a "sound" which meets your taste. Of course the best thing about these (and many of the current MotoGP machines) is the wonderful beat of the V4.

I've never had heated grips before and now that it's winter, I'm wondering why I put up with cold hands for so many years. This is my 4th VFR (Gens 4, 5 and 6 preceded it) and to me it's become an incrementally better motorcycle over the 20 years i've been riding VFR's. Good riding!