Accessories for Sale Parting out a 3rd Gen ('93) VFR750 (lowered prices)

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by TheRadBaron, Sep 9, 2018.

1. TheRadBaron

TheRadBaron New Member

United States
    Hi everyone. I recently bought a '93 with a blown motor to get some pieces that I needed and I'm parting out the rest. The bike has around 50,000 miles and it's in decent shape other than the blown engine. There was no air filter installed and it looks like the bike was run for a long time like this. Probably had something to do with it blowing up.
    I don't have any of the plastic fairings but most parts are available. I'll start by listing the big parts and parts that seem like there will be interest in. If you're interested in anything not listed just post here or shoot me a PM and I'll let you know if it's available. Prices don't include shipping unless noted. Shipping charges will be the actual cost and I'll package the stuff for free. I'd also rather not ship internationally. Sorry but it's always been a huge PITA when I try to do that. I'm in central IL near Champaign if you want to pick up parts to save on shipping.

First off is the 8-spoke rear wheel. The PO was obviously concerned more with riding that washing so the wheel is pretty grungy. I scrubbed it with some degreaser and a tooth brush and it cleaned up a bit but I don't think the paint will ever be pretty. But it's in good shape overall. There's a chip in the paint and some corrosion has gotten started but I don't think it's a problem. There are also some chips around the rim. I think with a strip and fresh paint/powdercoat that this wheel would be great. It has a nearly new Shinko Verge 160/60ZR17 tire installed. $300 plus shipping. If you'd like I can remove the tire to save shipping cost. (Wetness in the pictures is residual water from when I scrubbed it)
    IMG_0770.JPG IMG_0771.JPG IMG_0772.JPG IMG_0773.JPG
    -Front wheel with matching nearly new Shinko tire - $50
    -Rear swingarm/hub/brake rotor - $100
    -Complete center stand - $40
    -Complete front forks - $100
    -Frame with clean IL title - $100
    -CDI/ECU - $50 shipped
    -Complete carburetor assembly (dirty and grungy. No air filter was installed) - $80
    -Headlight - $40
    -Front brake system (MC, calipers, lines, etc) - $50
    -Rear brake system (MC, pedal, caliper, lines) - $50
    -Shift lever - $30 shipped
    -Gauges/cluster - $30

Again, I have almost every part of this bike available other than the plastics and it's all in good shape other than the blown engine. Let me know what you need and I'll let you know if I have it and the cost. I'll be happy to send pictures of anything that you'd like to get a closer look at, too.
    I hope this isn't in violation of the "must list a price" policy. It would take forever to list every single part of the bike separately. Admins, please send me a message if I need to change this.
    Thanks for looking.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  2. TheRadBaron

TheRadBaron New Member

United States
    Maybe the rear wheel isn't worth as much as eBay led me to believe. I searched through completed sales and I saw decent 8-spokes going for $500 plus shipping and thereabouts. Anyway, I lowered the price of my rear wheel to $300 plus shipping. Is that a fair price ya think? Thanks.

3. DorsoDoug

DorsoDoug New Member

United States
    Sent you a message on the 8 spoke

4. jethro911

jethro911 Member

Canada
    Map
    I bought a freshly powder coated front and 8 spoke rear with new rubber (Dunlop Q3's) for $600 just three weeks ago. So considering the fact that the wheel will need $200 in work before it can be used, $300 may still be on the high side. The value of the tire is hard to say and will depend on it's age and the needs of the buyer. I've seen 8 spokes for sale on e-bay for some crazy prices but as you have already noted, it's the actual sales that reflect the going prices.

5. dbgrubbs

dbgrubbs New Member

United States
    I'll take the centerstand off your hands if it's still available.

6. VFR750LV

VFR750LV New Member

Canada
    Map
    Hey there,

You said you don't have any fairing bits, but... do you have the windshield? I am looking for an original one as opposed to the black MSR one I have now... thanks

7. TheRadBaron

TheRadBaron New Member

United States
    Sorry. I did have the windshield but it already sold.