Passenger grab handles....

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by hater81, Sep 27, 2007.

1. hater81

hater81 New Member

OK, I bought my '92 750 in slightly battered shape, and not knowing exactly what was and wasn't supposed to be on the bike I knew no better until seeing some pictures on this site. Realizing that it was supposed to have grab handles on the bike I purchased a set for cheap off of ebay. Trying to install them I can't quite figure how they are supposed to interface the frame and the rear fairings. I can see the two mounting holes in the sub frame where the bolts are supposed to go, but they just don't seem to line up correctly with the holes and the fairings. Does anyone have some under seat pictures with the grab bars installed or would anyone feel like snapping some pictures for me to use as a referance point???

2. keeena

keeena New Member

No pictures for ya, but the parts fiche may help to confirm right parts? Good luck.

Links:
    Seat & Handles
    Frame

3. vfrcbr919

vfrcbr919 New Member

United States
    Map
    Here is a picture of my 1992 with the seat off. When installing the seat cowl on these bikes, the grab handles actually swivel in and go under the seat, still attached to the gold rod in the picture. Hope this helps!!

Attached Files:

4. hater81

hater81 New Member

Thanks for the picture. It helped quite a bit. One question remaining though, the bar that connects the two handles.....does it go straight through and butt directly up against the plates that connect to the subframe or is there some sort of adjuster or cap on the end like there appears to be in the picture?

5. Rogue

Rogue New Member

United Kingdom
    My bike is the next GEN - the handles are seperate from the bike IE they don't have the bar which runs across the frame, and they cannot be turned and stored under the seat. Presumably the ones pictured cannot be removed from the bike, since they are designed to be rotated around the bar and stored in situ.
    Does it not follow therefore that you have bought the wrong ones ?

6. hater81

hater81 New Member

Nope the ones that I bought look exactly like those. Fit real nice too. The only problem is the guy didn't send the bar with them. Not quite sure how they are supposed to rotate in all that easily unless there is a tool in the toolkit for it....

7. Rogue

Rogue New Member

United Kingdom
    err..

The bar must be attached to the subframe, otherwise it isn't performing any purpose..

To rotate the grab rails - undo and remove bolts , slide the grabrails in towards each other and the rotate them forwards around the bar ..replace bolts.
    Why would you need a tool ? :confused: