PCV

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by HawkhoundVA, Jan 25, 2018.

1. HawkhoundVA

HawkhoundVA Member

United States
    Map
    So this happened yesterday on my way to work. Back story- so I have been deployed for several months returned before Christmas and the bike has been sitting for the entire time 6+ months I was gone with fuel stabilizer in the tank. The weather has been crap so only had it out a couple times. After I returned. I installed a PCV. Install all good. I made no adjustments as the PCV came preloaded with a map akrapovic exhaust and K&N filter. So the problem or anomaly. On the way to work yesterday I’m one stop light away from the highway. At the light. The motor fell straight on its face bogged down and was running really rough and the check engine light was flashing. Pulled off at a 711. Let idle for a few minutes, Continued to sound like crap. CEL Continued to flash. Cut the engine let it sit for a few. Fired it back up and everything worked normally. Weird! So I’m thinking is the old gas in the tank causing this because it has been siting or is the PCV really messing with the PCMFI. Stumped. I proceeded to work with no further issue and the ride home later that afternoon was also fine. Put fresh gas in as well. Going to hook up my pc to the PCV and recheck setting. Also since install the idle has been up over 3K. Usually dwn closer to 2K-2.5K. Pretty sure he PCV is causing that as well.
    Any thoughts or has anyone else had this after a PCV install?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    Did you connect the ring terminals from the PCV to the battery?

3. HawkhoundVA

HawkhoundVA Member

United States
    Map
    yup, all terminal ends are connected to the battery as well as the connectors