*PICS* check out my new front end

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by Ride Red!, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Ride Red!

Ride Red! New Member

Germany
    Map
    I've got an '02 and never liked how Honda painted the section of the fairing between the headlights black. Consequently, I took the fairing off and took it to a local body shop that mixes their own paint (and can therefore make small quantities.) Anyway, the guy painted this section between the headlights to match the rest of the fairing. Looks pretty sharp, huh? The total cost was $125.

Now look at the windshield. It's a stock windshield from an '06 that I bought off somebody for $35. The difference between this one and the stock one from the '02 is that the '06 has a gradiant black sticker at the bottom (which I think looks pretty cool.) Notice the windshield has also been cut to give it a sportier look. I found a guy with special machinery at work that cut it for me for a mere $5.

Last, take a look at the turn signals. I paid $70 for these from a local dealership. I think the clear lenses give the bike more of a custom look.

Now for the problem!!! When I was putting it all back together, notice how there was a wiring harness that I couldn't figure out what to do with. I looked, and looked, and looked for what it plugs into (or what plugs into it) but couldn't find anything. The result: When the hi-beams are on, all four bulbs turn on. However, when I put on the low beams, if you're looking at the front of the bike, the bulbs that go on are the upper left and lower right bulbs. This isn't right.

Also, when the high beams are on, the lower two bulbs don't light up the same way. The one on the left appears brighter. I took a close look at them and noticed the filament that is lighting up isn't the same one on both sides. I've got Sylvania Cool Blue bulbs all the way around. The reason I don't think these are the issue is because I replaced all of them (at once) a while back (before I took the fairing off) and never had this problem. That's the right fork directly behind my hand.

Somebody please help!!!

Attached Files:

2. SLOVFR

SLOVFR Member

United States
    Map
    looks like the turn signal connector ... are the signals working?

3. VsVFR

VsVFR New Member

Map
    Nice work!! Not sure about the connector, but dang good job on everything else!

4. Ride Red!

Ride Red! New Member

Germany
    Map
    Thanks for the assistance and the compliments.

I figured out that headlight issue I was having! I crossed a couple wires by mistake. Regarding my turn signals, yes they're working. Everything is working fine now.

About that harness thing, I'm thinking it doesn't do anything. It's not very long and I pulled it out as far as it could go in every direction to see if I could find something to connect it to, but found nothing. I took a good look at the connectors and it kind of looks like they've been exposed to the elements a little. Had they had wires in them, I don't think I'd be seeing that (i.e. I'd be seeing nice, clean connectors.) The only thing I can think of is maybe it's for if somebody wants to add additional lights or something. Regardless, I'll be taking my bike in for inspection soon and I'll see what the technicians say.

5. pontiac_banshee

pontiac_banshee New Member

United States
    Clock?
    Post the colors in the forum and then someone with the correct year service manual can tell you in a second.

6. nozzle

nozzle New Member

United States
    Map
    That connector by the starboard fork tube? That's the cloaking device interface. Most folks don't use it as it's harder to find you bike in the parking lot.

7. Vlad Impaler

Vlad Impaler New Member

United States
    Map
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I like the all red nose!