Possibly buying a 2007 VFR 800

Discussion in 'New Riders' started by ravensfan8448, Feb 5, 2015.

1. ravensfan8448

ravensfan8448 New Member

United States
    Map
    Hello everybody, I have been in the market for a VFR 800 for a little while now and I may be on the brink of making a deal with somebody here soon. I am upgrading from a 2006 FZ6 that I currently ride, to hopefully a 2007 VFR800 in candy dark red. The seller actually mentioned the VFR world forum community and recommended I come here with any questions. So I just mainly wanted to introduce myself to the community.

*Edit* A little more information. I am actually a relatively new rider, the FZ6 was my first bike and I have ridden it for about 2 years now. Most of my miles are commutes to and from school in Maryland with the occasional trip to a choice few twisty roads in the Harford county area. I haven't actually had any track days yet, but I look forward to having a few in the future possibly. I actually have a month long coast to coast trip planned with two of my other friends who ride which I am currently really excited about. The cross country trip was actually one of the reasons the VFR caught my eye, along with the styling, single sided swing arm, and beautiful v4 haha. Besides all that, I'm just happy to see that there is a strong community here for the VFR and I look forward to learning the ins and outs of this bike as I go here.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  2. jethro911

jethro911 Member

United States
    Map
    Awesome, welcome to the site!

Tell us more. Where you like to ride, some of your motorcycle accomplishments etc.

3. stewartj239

stewartj239 Member

United States
    Map
    Excellent bike. Your upcoming trip sounds awesome. I wish I could pull something off like that. Let us know how the deal goes and post up some pictures if you get it.

4. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Congrats...

5. VFR714

VFR714 New Member

Map
    I fell the same way, just do it. i got mine 2007 Red everything originals.

6. ictghost

ictghost New Member

I did a lot of research before buying my 07 candy glory red VFR. It was nearly 4 years old and still on the showroom floor, so I was able to negotiate a pretty good deal on it. Being an older rider I can tell you this bike has a LOT more comfort than the CBR600 I sold a few years before that. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

[​IMG]