Power Commander 3 Part Number

Discussion in '5th Generation 1998-2001' started by PhoenixOO10, Oct 29, 2020.

1. PhoenixOO10

PhoenixOO10 New Member

United States
    Map
    Hey boys. I have a 2001 and I'm not sure exactly which Power Commander 3s are compatible for the fifth gen. Dynojet website just shows the PC5, but I was looking to buy a used PC3 since I'm a frugal man. I have found a power commander that came off of an 03 VFR. The part number is 111-411. Will this fit on my bike? I have seen the 101-411 fits the fifth gen, but then I've also head that every VFR uses the same Power Commander.

If I plan to take my bike to a dyno and have it properly tuned, will the PC3 be sufficient or should I get a PC5?

2. Cyberob

Cyberob New Member

Netherlands
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    mello dude likes this.
  3. raYzerman

raYzerman Member

Canada
    Map
    The key is likely the electrical connectors........

4. PhoenixOO10

PhoenixOO10 New Member

United States
    Map
    Thanks for the replies guys. I think the connectors are the same, but the length of wire may be different. Maybe I will just go for it and find out.

5. NIBBLER

NIBBLER New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    If you can buy a PC3, part n0 106-411, you will be very fortunate. They appear to be sold out world wide and are now discontinued by Dynojet. The replacement PC5 for the 2001 VFR800 5th gen is 16-005. However a word of caution. Another member on the site posted a thread that stated the 2001 bike does not fuel properly with the pc5 but did with the discontinued PC3. However it was noted that Dynojet had subsequently come up with a fix for the PC5 2001 combination but this has not been proven. Be careful you don't spend your hard earned on a PCV with dyno time to find it doesn't work. I have contact the originator of that thread to see if there has been any updates.... Watch this space.

https://vfrworld.com/threads/power-commander-v-fix-for-2000-2001-vfrs.57881/#post-610835

Cyberob likes this.
  6. Cyberob

Cyberob New Member

Netherlands
    I must be a lucky guy then :) Just bought a new PC3 last week. Looking at the (bar)codes it says 106-411 on the box and 111-410 on the PC itself. I think 111-410 is the hardware code, where 106-411 represents the software maps. So, I think this confirms the theory in the link I send earlier. 111-410 can be used on different VFR800's, but be aware that cable lenghts still might differ! [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    NIBBLER likes this.
  7. NIBBLER

NIBBLER New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    WOW Cyberob. Where did you but it from and do they have any more? It certainly appears that you have struck gold.
    Good luck with the tune it should be fine and if you could let me know where to get one from that would be much appreciated.
    Thanks and regards
    Nibbler

8. Cyberob

Cyberob New Member

Netherlands
    Got it here locally from someone who had it laying as old stock. So, cannot help you out on this one. Before going to the Dyno I first need some O2 killers I think. Or maybe totally remove the catalytic converter.