power commander 3 usb worth it or not for 5th gen?

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by hollenbeck, Apr 25, 2013.

1. hollenbeck

hollenbeck New Member

ok so I got some $ to blow so I thought I would get every thing to finish my bike completley,so I sent off yoshi exhaust for re-sleeving,got spy 5000m alarm(remote start wich is my favorite feature),trex frame sliders,and I was thinking about getting the pc3 usb but I only have k&n air filter and yoshi slipon so would it be worth it?I'm not looking for alot of power,but I would like to get that low idle speed tumble under control and I would like a smooth ride,I already have a pc2 but it has a short in it and would cost 40 to fix,but I dont wanna fork out 370 if I'm not getting anythin out of it,so advice please.Should I just get a dyno run or fix pc2 or do both lol.also I was woundering if anyone has problems getting there bike on center stand mine is almost impossible uless i have help or put in on a littl hill.thanks any info would help,and if you say get pc3 what mods can I add that would make the pc3 better for a 01 vfr800.

2. DaHose

DaHose New Member

United States
    Map
    Definitely makes a difference in how it runs, but my boss took his off. He thinks the tradeoff of lost mileage for smoother parking lot running is not worth it.

Jose

3. golf144

golf144 New Member

ref the center stand issue, I have just flipped the plates (arrows point to rear) and now its a a struggle to get it on center stand.

(I flipped mine to lower bike by 1")

Check yours, arrows should face forward for standard spec.