Power Commander 5 Engine temp setup

Discussion in '7th Generation 2010-Present' started by JohnBogovics, Jan 21, 2017.

1. JohnBogovics

JohnBogovics New Member

Map
    Hey guys,

I got the wiring all completed to the Power commander v for the accessories for speed and engine temp. Speed is working perfectly and also completed the gear calibration also.

However I have no idea on what to use for the engine temp vs voltage table to get the correct engine temp?

Does anyone have a procedure on how to do this or have the correct tables on this?

Thanks

2. JohnBogovics

JohnBogovics New Member

Map
    Alright guys, spent about 2 hours today getting the tables created. See attached results. I did find another curve online that was accurate for my last 5 points. So I only used the last 3 as that was as high as I can go. Basically i monitored the voltage at increments and when I liked the voltage reading, I turned the bike off, popped the Rad cap off and measured the temp of the coolant with an RTD. That is as good as it is going to get at this point. I could not do the last 3 points in my curve due to the pressure and once the pressure was bled off, the coolant would go out the overflow drain tube. So last three points used from another curve but overlapped my results.

Hopefully others with a 7 gen can use this data. It kinda sucks how the vfr800 gives you a reading on the dash and the 1200 does not.

Anyhoots hope this helps some people

Also i will be cooling my bike down to get a point under 0 deg C. So will post the results later for that. tables.jpg

3. JohnBogovics

JohnBogovics New Member

Map
    Here is the final data for the Engine temp Calibration for the Power commander v for the 2010 VFR1200F. Data is repeatable and linear. Pretty Decent slope as well. Hope others find this useful. All my equipment is calibrated that was used for the testing. I am in instrumentation and my company I work for supplied the tools. On a side note too, Coolant is brand new Honda HP blue coolant.

VFR1200f Temp tables.jpg

4. sabsteef

sabsteef New Member

Netherlands
    tnx. for this info. I know that this is an old post, but how did you set up the gear configuration? can it be done with voltages?