Power Commander Maps Programmed for Non-Ethanol Fuel?

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by stewartj239, Apr 17, 2013.

1. stewartj239

stewartj239 Member

United States
    Map
    I've got a PCV installed on my 6th Gen and I'm running the stock map. For the last few tanks, I've been filling up with non-ethanol fuel and I have noticed that the FI is even smoother than it was when I was running the E10 fuel. So are the maps created assuming you're running non-ethanol fuel? Can anyone confirm or deny this?

2. stewartj239

stewartj239 Member

United States
    Map
    I have not been able to come up with anything concrete on this. I have found some talk on snowmobile forums that there are changes to be made when running non-ethanol with a PC, but that is all I've seen.

3. wildstang

wildstang New Member

running an ethanol blended fuel will reduce power and mileage on any motor. in order to run e85 or straight alcohol in a motor for example requires huge steps up in jetting for a carberated motor to make the same amount of horsepower as straight gasoline.
    same principal for fuel injected motors.

4. stewartj239

stewartj239 Member

United States
    Map
    That is exactly why I've got to believe that the maps are specific to E10 or non-ethanol fuel.

5. wildstang

wildstang New Member

although with the power commander you can enrichen the fuel mixture to an adequate level to compensate for the blended fuels, even compensate enough to run E85 if wanted too, but a fuel map made for E85 for example would be too rich for straight gasoline running way to rich on the gasoline but just fine for the E85. but on a side note the high alcohol content will eventually destroy the fuel pumps internal o-rings drying them out and any rubber exposed to the alcohol.