Power Commander V Map for 98 VFR?

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by Colin McDonald, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Colin McDonald

Colin McDonald New Member

United States
    I have a 98 with 32k, valves just checked and in spec, the big K&N filter(new) and a Micron high mount slip on. I just got a PCV, mainly because I am sure it is running lean, and having it run cooler would be welcome. On the Dynojet site, it looks like the only 3 maps for 98-99 for PCV are Stock, with Erion slip on, or with Erion full system. My question is, will one of these maps work for the Micron? My eventual plan is to get a header with O2 sensor bungs and do the Autotune system with PAIR blocked, but for now, I would like to find a map that will work for what I have. Thanks for any advice you may have!

2. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Although it’s always best to have it tuned by a professional, you can get a decent baseline with off the shelf maps. That being said, www.vfrdiscussion.com has a downloads section with a lot of maps members have posted up, you might find something over there that might be closer to what you’re looking for. I have not seen any downloads over here in quite sometime. A lot of us are on both sites so it’s not like you be cheating on VFRWorld. ;)

3. Colin McDonald

Colin McDonald New Member

United States
    Thanks, I've been perusing the maps at VFRD, but nothing fits. I've basically decided to get it dyno tuned ASAP. The maps for the 98-99 have an annoying stumble around 3-5k rpm. Strangely, it goes away when I run it without the PC, I thought I might have jostled a vacuum line. A Euro 00-01 map that adds a lot of richness in that area is closer, but not perfect. However, I am already happy, because it runs A LOT COOLER! I will be very interested to study the perfected map.