Power Commander V, O2 Eliminators and Stock Map

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by stewartj239, Dec 25, 2011.

1. stewartj239

stewartj239 Member

United States
    Map
    I just ordered a PCV for my '07 and I noticed that their website does not show the O2 eliminators as an option as they were for the PCIII. Are they no longer needed or supported for the PCV?

Also, I was wondering if anyone has used the map for the stock exhaust and air cleaner. That is what I have and I'm hoping it cleans up the low speed FI jerkiness.

Thanks and Merry Christmas.

2. OOTV

OOTV Insider

When I bought my PCV a few months ago, it came with the O2 eliminators. I am currently using a map for after market exhaust and air filter as I have the Two Bros exhaust and K&N air filter with modified air box. I can say it definitely helped throttle response all around and seems to be running fine. The cool thing about the PCV is that you can load two maps into it and using a contact closure (maintained contact) you can switch to the second map. This could be applied to an auto tune module instead if you were inclined to try that route instead of dual maps.

I cannot comment on the "stock" map, as I am using the "after market" (map 3 as Dyno Tune called it) but I did load both with the intention of using the closure in case the after market map wasn't working well enough.

3. stoshmonster

stoshmonster New Member

Ditto. My PCV came with the O2 sensor eliminators in the box as well. I also ordered the optional toggle switch and bar mount bracket kit to run a second map.

[​IMG]

Forum member 1FireGal has the stock map loaded into the PCV on her stock '07 RWB and reports that it makes the bike work beautifully Stewart.

Here's the link to her thread. Click me.>>>>>http://vfrworld.com/forums/6th-generation-2002-2009/36650-power-commander-v-6th-gen.html

4. stewartj239

stewartj239 Member

United States
    Map
    Thanks for the very helpful information guys. I'll look for the O2 eliminators when I recieve the PCV. There is no mention on their site which is why I was confused about it.

5. Guj

Guj New Member

Stewart,

Mind if I ask where (and how much) you got the PCV? Im going to place an order for one later this week and just curious if I found a good price.

6. stewartj239

stewartj239 Member

United States
    Map
  7. Guj

Guj New Member

Cheaper than MorePowerRacing.com

Thanks for the heads up!

8. OOTV

OOTV Insider

I paid $266 at Motorcycle Superstore, but that was when they had it on sale and I had a 20% off coupon, and I didn't pay sales tax since they are in Oregon and I'm in California. Normally it's listed there at $295.96-$479.96 (I guess it depends on which bike its for). I've seen it as low as $239.95 but that was on Amazon, not sure if you can deal with the seller directly if you have an issue, so there's that to consider.

9. Guj

Guj New Member

This may be trivial (MorePowerRacing.com will program the PCV to the specs I will have, but it is $30 more), but will ISBK.com or mortorcycle superstore program the PCV right out the box? Im all for saving the $30 and downloading the maps my self, if it is that easy. Just curious what others have done.

10. OOTV

OOTV Insider

From what the technician at Dyno-Jet told me, the PCV when ordered for your specific bike, has a default map for a stock setup preloaded. Personally, unless they have the bike and are tuning it on a Dyno, I would save the $30 and download the map(s) myself. I think you'll find most of the guys here have done just that or had the bike officially Dyno-Tuned and/or bought the Auto-Tune module. Dyno-Jet has a handful of maps that you can download and they may have a match your setup.

11. stewartj239

stewartj239 Member

United States
    Map
    I agree. I'd save the $30 and do it yourself. Besides, if your bike configuration changes down the road, then you'll know how to deal with it.

Here's the link for downloading the Installation Guide and Maps (It's long, so you might have to copy and paste it in your browser):
    http://www.powercommander.com/power...5&make-n=Honda&model-n=VFR 800 VTec&year=2009

Here's the link for downloading the Software, Firmware, Manuals and Tutorials:
    Welcome to Power Commander Motorcycle Fuel Injection Tuning Module

12. stewartj239

stewartj239 Member

United States
    Map
    I finally received my PCV yesterday as it was on backorder from where I got it from. Just to confirm, it did come with the O2 eliminators. So with that being the case, why would anybody buy a PCIII, which is pretty much the same price as the PCV, then have to drop another $40 on top of it to buy the O2 eliminators? I think it is crap that they label the PCV as only being compatible with the 2009+ bikes. I understand that there are a ton of unsold PCIII's out there, but maybe they should just drastically reduce the price if they want to sell them rather than falsely advertise what bikes they work on.

13. Guj

Guj New Member

It is messed up. Just be glad you were smart enough to do your homework before you ordered the PCIII! Unfortunately there are only really three companies that make them (Power Commander, Two Brothers, and Bazzaz sorry if I missed one), so I'm sure they feel that they can get away with it. BS? Yeah, but at least you paid abot $100 less than MSRP.

14. VFRBenny

VFRBenny New Member

Map
    The tech at Dynojet told me the PC5 will work with my 5th gen.