Production Figures

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by veefer, May 28, 2006.

1. veefer

veefer New Member

Hello All

I'm a NewBee today and from what I can tell from searching around the site.
    It is a great site to be using. I've always loved the '86 VFR.
    I live in Canada and own a 1986 VFR 750F Red,white and Blue. It's pretty much stock except for the Stage1 jet kit, K&N filter and a tuned Hindle Sport exhaust.
    I've own the bike for 4 years now and it's my daily commuter spring,summer,fall, putting about 10k a year. It's pushing 60K and is extremely strong yet.
    I was chatting with a friend of mine, who coincidentlly used to be a bike mechanic in Belleville in the 80's and he was telling me that the production figures for the 1986 VFR 750F is extremely LOW in Canada. He told me at his dealer in '86 recieved 1 ONLY!! RED/WHITE/BLUE,VFR 750F that year,which quickly sold. He said he was unable to get another from Honda.

This really got me to thinking that this bike may be quite rare?
    I searched the net and came up empty on production figures for the VFR'S.

Does anyone know the Canadian History surounding Production Figures for the VFR's, especially the 1986 VFR in Canada.

Thanks
    Frank
    They call me VEEFER!!!!!!

2. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight Well-Known Member

United States
    Map
    So far, I haven't found anything on the net except some false leads perporting to have production numbers. You might try seeing if your local dealer mightbe able to find out, or you might even try contactin Honda themselves to find out. I am sure they would know the number produced and maybe how many went to the US and Canada.

3. veefer

veefer New Member

Thanks for the response.
    I've spent several more hrs on the net and nothing except one site says there was "ENORMOUS PRODUCTION OF THE 1986 VFR750 WORLDWIDE"
    Who knows??????
    I contacted my local Honda dealer and the clerk was pleasent, yet seemed disintrested in helping me find info on production figures.
    I know from decoding my V.I.N it was the 304th made of potentially 100,000 units.
    The reason I say 100,000 units is because the V.I.N characters 12 through 17 are the sequential numbers and mine reads "000304".
    So, potentially there could be 99,696 other units of varying VFR models throughout the world for 1986 production year.
    Who knows??????
    One peice of info the clerk did give me was that there was (3) 1986 Honda VFR 750F model owners within an hours drive of me that is in there data base from buying parts for their bikes
    I don't know how to process that info yet?????
    Thanks
    Veefer

4. WhiteKnight

United States
    Map
    Actually, the number of production units could be more than 100,000. Since the numbers are sequential, my 93 was the 300513th one to roll off the production line. I found an online parts list on another forum in PDF format. I saved a copy and can send it to anyone who wants one. It covers the 3rd gen (90 - 97) models. I think there were other lists for the other generation models as well. So if anyone wants one let me know and I will go look and I will obtain a copy if I can.

It's nice to know the dealer let you know there were other owners in your area, Now you just have to catch them while they are out. ;-)

5. veefer

veefer New Member

Ya I guess your right the unit number could be in the 100's of thousands, just was'nt thinking I guess.

I would like to get that info on that site you refered to. Who knows where it could lead?

Thanks
    Veefer

6. WhiteKnight

United States
    Map
    Veefer,
    I just went to the site to get the pdf file for you and I see they only have 90 - 97 and 98 - 01 in pdf. I thought they had one for 1st and 2nd gen on there. I am sorry :-( I will keep looking around for you to see if I can find one though.

One thing you might try is asking the dealer if they can get you a microphish or the parts catalog on cd. Also, service honda (there is a link in the links section under vendors or dealers) has an online parts manual.
    Vinny