question about Corbin Seats,,,,

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by augustacop30809, Dec 30, 2008.

1. augustacop30809

augustacop30809 New Member

Hey everyone,, I ride a 2007 VFR, I was recently given by my fiancee a Corbin gunfighter and lady seat,,, or errr uh its been ordered,,, anyways,, has anyone here either used one or is using one already??? if so can they tell me what they think of it??? she bought it because she loves to ride but would like the backrest for longer trips,,,,

2. nozzle

nozzle New Member

United States
    Map
    I've re-read this and it reads like I'm being a dick to Augusta... any suggestions on how to make it nicer? original text:

did you search on "corbin backrest" in the search box on the upper right part of the site frame?

there are mess-O-thread that talk to Corbin & Sargent seats as well as how to get some back support for passengers with a topcase that has a backrest pad on the lid.

... that said, I've got the stock seat and the wife likes to the factory topcase on when she's along to for the support and it makes her feel "safe".

3. MarkBartels

MarkBartels New Member

I have a Corbin seat on both bikes and they are worth every penny!

You will need to be somewhat patient with the seat when new as it does need to break in.....

4. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    tried corbin, sargent, and stock. best to me is sargent unless you ride 2 up a lot, then its corbin. the corbin is heavier though and sits just slightly diff from sargent. the sargent is 2 piece also for the 5g which is plus. the stock seat kinda sux but beats the piss outta most supersport seats.

5. hunterjim05lt

hunterjim05lt New Member

I have a few bikes and Corbin is my choice. I have it on my 5th gen VFR and i just love it. I have a sargents seat installed on another sport touring bike and its okay but after the first 100 miles then its time to take a break. I don't think you will be unhappy?

6. Hotbrakes

Hotbrakes New Member

United States
    My best friend uses a Corbin to commute back and forth from VA to LA. They are hard and only have one sweet spot but that spot cradles your butt. The backrest is kinda short, the topcase is a better option for a passenger, but at least she won't slide off the back when the VTEC kicks in.

For a better riding experience for both rider and passenger, have her squeeze your legs with hers the same way the rider squeezes the tank to support his torso. She won't even need to hang on and will minimize her weight shifting when braking, accelerating, and turning. It was unbelievable when my passenger started doing that, I didn't even know she was there.

7. Carnage

Carnage New Member

I have the corbin on my '07 VFR and am happy with it. The only problem I have had is that sometimes the latch like to come lose when I hit a bump. I have put some washers under the bolts on the seat so that it makes a better connection to the latch on the bike. It still pops out every now and then but not near as much as it used to.