question about electrical socket

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by Ennsync, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Ennsync

Ennsync New Member

United States
    Map
    SO , This VFR is getting all the upgrades very fast .things I did this month to her are followed,
    Complete 4000 service by Honda,
    EVo 30 Tires ,
    T Rex no cut frame slider and axel protection package,
    1,2 moto pump riser.
    Knight design lowering peg kit,
    waiting for ordered center stand,
    ordered OEM side panniers with lucks and top bag and attachment from Local Honda dealership, will arrive from East coast.
    ordered Chinese GPS 5inche with IPX 7 ,very good reviews on them by a friend user on another forum.
    I need to place a socket for USP or cigarette lighter , the Honda OEM part is listed for something ?like 90 box and online stores offer for around $80, it seems pricy to me , but if it is any good and there are no good competition and will prevent electrical short cuts , I am ok with the price.
    My question ,
    do you have a suggestion for alternative Electrical hook up for socket?
    How do I install it Do you recommend Eastern Beaver?
    how to wire it from under the sit to the front panel? Do I need to remove tank?
    It seems to me that after all of this upgrades I am going to keep it. engine and control and riding are amazing , my only dislike was pressure on my back after long rides and wind in the face, Moto pump took care of the first and knight design will help more I am sure.
    I am still window shopping for a sporty look effective touring wind shield.
    did I tell you That I test ride a K 1600 GLT yesterday?
    if I can convert my VFR as comfortable as a BMW K1600 GLT ,I will not need any other bike as I am very happy with speed and handling as I am not a speed fan,
    Let me know what you think?
    Ride safe/ Ride long

2. fink

fink Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    3A46D226-64C3-48BA-B2F2-15ED9557C2DD.jpeg Have used Jim eastern beaver quite a lot for sourcing connectors over the decades.

White connector on lhs down by the battery. There are posts on here and the other forum which give pictures and full details of it. Also where to get the plugs from if your not using Jim.

Ennsync likes this.