Question about frame sliders

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by Ro Dento, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Ro Dento

Ro Dento New Member

United States
    Greetings,

I have been doing some research into frame sliders. I don't want to cut anything and can't seem to find an advantage in doing so. So "No cut frame sliders" it is. The question is does anyone have experience with T-Rex Racing company? If so what do you all thing of "T-Rex Racing 2003-2017 Honda VFR800 Interceptor Vtech No Cut Frame Front and Rear sliders? http://t-rex-racing.com/catalog.php?item=964 Is it important/worth getting the Axle sliders or should I save the $100 and get the kit that doesn't have them? Are there better No cut frame sliders?

Thanks for your time and attention in the matter
    Ro

2. fink

fink Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    If you have a look on the forum there are several posts regarding T rex sliders.

3. fatshoutybloke

fatshoutybloke New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    I have the T-Rex frame sliders on my 2014. They completely saved my lower and mid fairing (and possibly the stator cover behind them) when I went down at low speed on gravel several weeks ago. At higher speed, who knows, but I still think they're worth having. I think I posted some pictures at the time, you'll find them if you search.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  4. 2027Matt

2027Matt New Member

United States
    Map
    I have them on my 2015 and I would recommend getting them. I don't think you need the axle sliders.

5. Ro Dento

Ro Dento New Member

United States
    Thank you for your help. I decided to order them. I read an interesting tale about a low side where the frame sliders kept the bike from pinning a riders leg under the bike during a slide. That pretty much sold me on it. No I am not planning for a F'ed up day. But, if one does happen for the price of one lower cowling I can possibly protect the entire side of the bike and reduce the likelihood of being pinned and dragged. Insurance is how I am looking at it. I figure that if I am going fast enough for the slider itself to cause damage to the bike by bending anything the bike is going to be the least of my worries. As soon as I get them installed I'll post a pic.

Ro

6. PetePower

PetePower New Member

Australia
    Map
    Yes I was nearly sold on the Trex as I also was very reluctant to drill holes in brand new fairings. But the bulky size, the rearward positioning, were final deciders to get the R&G sliders, they look real neat and you cant see the holes and you don't need to remove them to do an oil change. I am so glad I got them as my bike rolled of the stand last week so a big save by them. But either way a good investment.

Thumbs likes this.
  7. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    I bought mine off of ebay with the VFR logo and the T-rex looks great to me. I bought them after Fatshoutybloke posted his pics. That said I do agree with petepower with the accessibility of getting the fairing off for radiator issues that I have had due to the need of taking off the entire side. I have not done the oil change with them on, but that would again be another point to look at. I think that I do remember only having to take of the lowers to do the change of oil for the first time. But I have repressed memories of doing the oil change and I only get bits and pieces back from time to time!:Crazy::Target::Lalala:

P.s where did the chain gun emoji go!?;-)

8. Thumbs

Thumbs Member

United Kingdom
    My T-Rex sliders stopped my leg being trapped when the bike slid on wet leaves pulling out of a driveway uphill, the TC also stopped the bike sliding sideways as it went down ... a busted hero peg and scabs off the puck were the total damage, although the ankle armour on my Alpinestars SMX 6 boots is pretty chewed up

9. Mikenac

Mikenac New Member

United States
    Map
    I low sided a week ago on my way to work and it does not look like axle sliders are needed...although it was the right side and not the left where the axle nut is. definitely need the fairing sliders though lol Wish I had them because my right leg south of the knee is quite trashed because of the weight. I wasn't wearing boots with ankle protection though, just leather work boots

10. philois1984

philois1984 New Member

Australia
    Map
    Just ordered a set myself today(T-Rex) as many before have said, great in a low speed fall, in a high speed fall the bike is probably not going to be your first concern and may well be totalled anyway. Checked with my insurance company and they have no problem with these being fitted. Looking forward to receiving them. If you have the cash I would bite the bullet, they are the best looking sliders for a VFR in my humble opinion!

Bubba Utah likes this.