Quick introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by sudolea, Feb 26, 2019.

1. sudolea

sudolea New Member

Belgium
    Map
    Hello, all,

I'm new to this forum, let me give a quick introduction ...

Being totally happy about the reliability of the 2 previous Honda's I had ridden (before my more recent and rather unreliable K1300S), I recently returned to Honda : beginning of July last year I bought a second-hand VFR800F model 2015 with 3300 km on the clock. In the meantime, it has nearly 10000 kms, after a summer holiday in the Dolomites and some riding around locally. I like riding the VFR800F and as far as I can foresee, this VFR800F may very well be my first of a series of future VFR's to come ! It's a fun bike, quite stable at higher speeds, yet very agile at lower speeds.

I especially like the wealth of technical information that can be found for it, giving me the opportunity to do a lot of work on it myself, like e.g. the installation of the quickshifter.

If I have to mention something less handsome : these self-cancelling indicators. If someone can give me a clue on how to disable this : feel free. Alternatively, I could live with a higher self-cancellation distance.

Anyway, this ends my quick introduction as a 57- year old (correction : 57- year young) sports-touring bike rider. I also have a youtube channel where, amongst others, I already compared my old K1300S with my newer VFR800F (no link, not relevant here, but who wants to find it, surely will :) )

20190226_112024_bewerkt.jpg

Thumbs, Bubba Utah and Samuel like this.
  2. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Welcome to The World! I’m sure you’ll enjoy this site almost as much as the bike. Well, maybe not that much...;)

3. RllwJoe

RllwJoe Insider

United States
    Map
    Great first post!!! Welcome to the "gang".

4. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Welcome to the world of insanity and drunken, sometimes braindead fools some of which are going through mid life issues. You will enjoy the visit and possibly become a fixture on the walls of the World.

Love your bike. I ma hoping to find one just like it in the spring. Hopefully with factory side and top cases. I want to replace what I have which is getting long in the tooth.

5. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    Welcome!

6. skimad4x4

skimad4x4 "Official" VFRWorld Greeter

France
    Map
    Welcome to the MadHouse

Kudos for a great first post - you will like it here.

I see you have even been down my way recently. For me Italy via the St Bernard Pass is only an hour ride away, and the Dolomites offers some brilliant riding.

Over an extended weekend 13-16 September I will be one of a 100+ riders checking out routes with local riders in the Vosges Mountains - PM if you want to know more.

I see you have been experimenting with throttle lock options for your VFR. Certainly on longer motorway runs I find a throttle lock is really helpful to give your wrist a chance to recover, so I went with a very cheap solution fitting a "vista cruise" 20 sourced from eBay in the States. The big plus is this can also be fitted very discretely underneath the bars, and the throttle lock is still compatible with heated grips. If you are interested in what they look like check out this link.

https://web.archive.org/web/20180810032057/http://www.rattlebars.com/mtz/invisible.html

Sadly the original site which hosted that page (and other interesting stuff) is now dead but fortunately I tracked down a copy using the web wayback machine...

Take Care ATGATT

SkiMad

7. sudolea

sudolea New Member

Belgium
    Map
    Thank you all ! This Vista throttle lock seems to be a good alternative, indeed, but I'll first give my self-designed and 3D-printed throttle lock a try first ;)

This year in September, it won't be the Alps "on the menu", but most probably the Pyrenees. It's since 2015 since I' ve been riding in the Pyrenees ...

8. Karlo1200S

Karlo1200S New Member

Italy
    Welcome!:)