Quick ride yesterday

Discussion in 'USA - Pacific Northwest' started by Rev, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Rev

Rev New Member

Took a chance on the weather yesterday and rode to work: a whole ten minute commute, if I hit all the lights red. The sky wasn't looking too good but I was tired of driving. Came home for lunch and ten minutes after I got here it just started POURING! It was nice to get the bike out for a putt even if it was a short one. I don't mind riding in the rain but I don't like the bike sitting in the rain at all.

2. grinder

grinder New Member

Funny how we get about bikes. I don't give a damn about me getting wet but I just hate the bike getting dirting from a wet road or sitting out in the rain all day. Similar to how protective you get about your kids.

3. MrDe

MrDe New Member

Back in the "old" days (60's & 70's) ... a dirty bike was a sign of honor. :smile: Now, I'm with Rev ... not too happy if the bike has to sit out in the rain. And with Grinder ... really don't want to ride wet roads and get it all dirty. Like Rev, I took advantage of a rain shadow (PNW remember) and went for a 40 minute ride .... :tongue: The kids ... hey, I used to just send mine out to play in the rain while I watched from the porch with a warm cup of coffee ... :cool:

4. tbones86

tbones86 New Member

Map
    I don't like it when when my bike gets rained on just sitting there parked, riding when its raining doesn't bother me though. Riding when its cold doesn't bother me, but riding when its raining & below 50 degree's I don't enjoy much anymore.
    I was going to ride to work last friday(120 miles round trip), because it was in the 60's on thursday & I felt stupid for driving the truck. I woke up to heavy snow on friday & ended up putting the truck in four wheel drive about 15 miles from the house just to stay on the road(8-10 inches of the white stuff). So my day got ruined but glad to hear you got out for ride.