R&G Frame Sliders?

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by lyushka, Feb 26, 2016.

1. lyushka

lyushka New Member

United States
    Hey guys, sorry if this topic came up before. I know that R&G frame sliders are the most recommended ones for the VFR800 (I have a 2002), and my preferred company to buy from is Revzilla, but they seem to be out of stock on them:

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/rg-racing-frame-sliders-honda-vfr800-2002-2013#ask_and_answer_tab

I checked the R&G website and it appears that they have them in stock, and for a much lower price. Are these the ones that you guys constantly recommend?:

http://www.rg-racing.com/browsebike/Honda/VFR800_v-tec/2002/CP0073/

Thanks!

2. ictghost

ictghost New Member

Those are the ones I installed. I think I bought mine from Twisted Throttle, but I may be wrong...bought them in 2010. Kit came with motor-mount replacement long-bolt and radiator bottle (modified with hole for bolt).

[​IMG]

3. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

Buy directly from R&G. I have bought quite a few bits from them and never had a problem. Relatively quick shipping from the UK. Use a laser pointer on a camera tripod to get the holes marked, it is the easiest way to do it perfectly.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  4. skimad4x4

skimad4x4 "Official" VFRWorld Greeter

France
    Map
    Yes the R&G link is the right kit. Follow the instructions carefully and it's a 1 hour install. Note that GBP price excludes 20%VAT. Typical price in stores here is £130 gbp - so around 180USD.

I am not sure if VAT applies to stuff sent outside the EU but it may be offset by shipping and US Customs fees on the import.

As Randy knows I have given my sliders the occasional test - so I can confirm they really work and well worth the investment.

You might want to also consider fitting an R&G bar end protection kit - as whilst the slider will take much of the impact of a tip over - your bars will probably touch down too. If you have not done it already - remember to ease off and then just snug up the pivot bolts on the mirrors - otherwise in a tip over the mirrors tend to break off at the weak spot by the pivot. On my 6th gen the pivot bolt was covered by a prise off plastic cover - which once removed revealed a standard Allen key and nut.

You may want to do the same trick with the brake/clutch levers. Key objective is to have them done up just firm enough to stay where you put them in normal use. Sadly many shops will simply make sure they are bolted down hard - which almost guarantees they will break off if you drop the bike. What you are aiming for is for them to be snug enough but loose enough so that they will still twist harmlessly out the way if the bike tips over.

SkiMad

5. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

No VAT when shipped to the US and the shipping, or "carriage", charges are very reasonable. At the current exchange rate they are $150.00 + around $15.00 for shipping. (108.33 GBP = $150.28 USD)

6. fatshoutybloke

fatshoutybloke New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
  7. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    I recommend the sloppy joe cut as the bike will fall over any way!

8. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    the bike is not used - too shinny looking

9. Aimbot9000

Aimbot9000 New Member

United States
    Map
    that's what a bike that hasn't been dropped looks like.

10. Thumbs

Thumbs Member

United Kingdom
    VAT is only payable in the EU