R.I.P. Annette Carrion (the Street Triple Motovlogger)

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by GatorGreg, Apr 6, 2018.

1. GatorGreg

GatorGreg Honda Fanboy/LitiGator

United States
    Map
    Some of you may remember the Street Triple v. VFR thread I started a while ago featuring a vid by the lovely motovlogger Annette Carrion, link:

http://vfrworld.com/threads/street-triple-r-v-vfr.54723/ )

Sadly, according to CycleCruza she just had a motorcycle accident and has passed away - she was only 33 :(

2. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Happened on Ortega Highway here in So Cal. That road has claimed so many riders.

3. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    Here's a vid she made on the Ortega just 3 months ago - doesn't look like there's much room for error.

4. Brian Boyer

Brian Boyer New Member

United States
    Map
    Her parents had both died recently

Very very sad indeed,..

You never can tell when your tickets' gonna get punched,.. be careful folks,..

ANAL!

5. Brian Boyer

Brian Boyer New Member

United States
    Map
    The guy she was dating for over two years doesn't even have a single picture of her or mention of her on his FB page, what a tool.

ANAL!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  6. OOTV

OOTV Insider

It's a road used by many to go East-West and vice verse, also has a high amount of wanna be racers that don't pay attention to what lane their supposed to be in. Also has the typical idiots that make u-turns in blind corners as well as other hazards. One time a HUGE bolder was in the East bound lane, it was luck that no one was at the point when the rock came crashing down. If you're not a seasoned rider, which she was though, it can be an intimidating road, conversely, if you ride it a lot, one can be over confident and that also makes it dangerous to seasoned riders.

7. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    RIP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. A.M

A.M Moderator Staff Member

This is so sad... what a tragic loss of a beautiful life. From what I read she was just as beautiful inside as out. And her poor family.

Could happen to any of us.
    Be careful yous.

9. OOTV

OOTV Insider

I'm always diligent when on public roads. Ortega is a known to a lot of us So Cal guys as a road of death. As you can see with the video title of the third video GG posted, "The Deadliest Highway". In both her video and his, you can see the amount of traffic that road has, as well as the comments the male vlogger says about the wanna be racers. If one goes early enough, you can avoid most of the traffic but it's still a road you cannot let your guard down on.

Normally if I ride Ortega, it's usually to go to the Lookout for breakfast or ride through to the East side of the mountains to catch Interstate 15 South to Palomar or other Southern destination. I don't do like some here in OC, which is do laps on it. There's a group of guys that ride up and down several times a day, mostly on the weekend, KYO I say!

10. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    Yes I've been watching some of her vids and she seemed like she had such a beautiful soul to go along with her love of motorcycles - see her vid below which is kind of eerie at the 1:00 mark. For some reason this is really hitting me hard and I'm starting to question whether I should keep riding. I've had a lot of fun on two wheels but part of me is saying to quit now while I'm still ahead - I've had a few close calls (mostly with idiot drivers) but I've never been down. I'd like to live long enough to see GG Jr. have his own kids one day and be the cool grandpa like my own Dad is. Lately I find myself more and more often choosing to take my vert for joy rides over my VFR because it's so much safer and I don't have to put on a helmet and gear - I can enjoy the sun on my face and the wind in my hair with some tunes blasting on the stereo and the a/c keeping me cool - plus I get to take my dog with me! LOL

Lint and A.M like this.
  11. VFR4Lee

VFR4Lee Member

United States
    Map
    Sad deal.
    Ride safe out there!
    Avoid heavy traffic and bad conditions, if you can.

A.M likes this.
  12. A.M

A.M Moderator Staff Member

Riding is definitely a risk and weighing the reward against ir is different for everyone.

No shame in enjoying four wheels or even hanging up your helmet if reward and happiness can be found elsewhere.

The only thing about her death that can bring some sense to the tragedy is that she died doing what she seemed passionate about.

As VFR4Lee said...be safe. be sensible so you can ride more days.

And like GG, if you find another way for fun, still be safe. I would have loved to have a grandpa ride me around in a convertible!