Rear seat Cowling

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by Bubba Utah, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    I want to thank everyone that posted about the question of a rear seat cowling being standard and if you did or did not get it from the dealer. If the question is still out there without a definite answer I will add this. For anyone buying the discounted base 2014-2015 VRF in the U.S ( And there are a lot! so many newbies to come to this site for advice). or even the DLX. YES The cowl comes with every VFR in these model years!

The following is to kinda save the Rep of My dealer is Salt Lake City (Honda Suzuki of Salt Lake just off I-80) not giving me the cowl at purchase. It is understaffed and working long hours due to this. I actually bought the bike from the G.M., since he did not have any salesmen or saleswomen except one. I was one of three deals he was working to close at closing. That being said this dealer is killer. I took the bike in on sat for the break in service and to add a center stand and bar risers (They are 3weeks out) but obviously buying the bike there, they are putting me in ahead and I will be off the bike for 4 days. No Prob! better yet his service manager is TOP NOTCH ( He was excited to take my bike out since he had not ridden the new generation model and owned a 2006).But he (I forgot his name Damint!) asked why I did not add the cowl yet. I mentioned this site with the same question. He had 4 people behind me, but took the time to go to the "New Bike Closet" and came back with the cowl and the color matched grab bar replacements. If you ever need service on a long ride in the Salt Lake Metro area go to this dealer and not the other Honda dealers in the area (Honda World, Plaza Motorsports)! I will probably never use the cowl. Luggage and more of a Tourer or Bag carrier that the rear passenger seat suits this role better. I hate to scratch pretty pant if possible:)

HAVE A HAPPY FUC...G Fourth of July and ride Hard, Long and Safe! I will sit this one out.;-( But look forward to the ride to Flaming Gorge Resevoir on the 15-21st!

2. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Sounds like this outfit needs to hire some folks just to keep up. Who they had may have bailed oot and gone to another dealership.

3. Tiutis

Tiutis New Member

United States
    Map
    How is the road to Flaming Gorge? I'm thinking to check out the NW Co and wonder if it's worth a detour?

4. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map

It's Great! Nice twistys and 25-35mph posted corners that we on bikes ignore! Traffic can be bad during holidays like when I rode. But overall the best way to see the Ashley National Forrest and The Flaming Gorge area. Are you coming in from 40 its great. I loved the new pavement and like I said or didn't I missed the 191 turn off in Vernal and just enjoyed going 90-110 along 40. I ended up going 38 miles past the "Welcome to Colorado" sign before I went "Shit" the gorge is in Utah and Wyoming. F...! Then I turned around.:)