Riser bars who makes the highest?

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by wiremanjon, Feb 22, 2018.

1. wiremanjon

wiremanjon New Member

United States
    Map
    Presently I own a 2006 Viffer with Abs and I installed Convertibars risers on it, it’s nice and comfortable now with probably 2” above stock and about 1 1/4 inches further back. So I’ve been really liking the 8th generation in the DLX form and recently one is for sale- a 2014 in white with 1500 miles for $7500. I’m sorely tempted but I realize that I’d have to go through the whole riser scenario again. I mean I changed my brake line, clutch line and throttle cables, it took some doing and it’s not cheap. Here’s my concern thus far the tallest riser concept I’ve found is just a simple 1 1/4” block and I fear that’s not going to cut it for me. Does anyone know of a more radical riser for the 8th generation?

2. Zeta

Zeta New Member

United States
    I have a gen 8 dlx with the honda risers. I have never had any wrist, back, or neck pain riding this bike for up to 7 hrs. I am conscience not to lock elbows and force weight on my wrists, using knees and tank for bracing. The price seems very reasonable, I bought mine with 4900 mi, with frame sliders and bar risers for $6200 but had to go pick her up or have shipped for $400. Most motorcycle I have ever bought for the money---by far.

wiremanjon likes this.
  3. wiremanjon

wiremanjon New Member

United States
    Map
    I hear you about the tank squeezing, that works for me too. I really don’t have a problem with knees or arms or wrist. I have osteoarthritis and the pain is in my neck. It sucks getting old. My group and I generally will do 8-10 hour days, 200-350 miles usually.

4. fink

fink Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Check out motopumps. You can either use the search facility on here or google it. He makes 3 heights.

5. Zeta

Zeta New Member

United States
    I haven't rode any generation but the eight and I do like that I can sit straight up on it at an time and there is plenty of room to move around on. I think the seat is comfortable and 250 to 300 mile days very doable, I personally think I could slab it for 600+ (but who wants to slab on this bike?). I'm not a daily around town rider. I ride 3-4 times a week usually between 100-200 miles...most of the time (3.5 gal of fuel) ~150 mi. The VFR fits me perfectly, and I find it just a comfortable as my Moto Guzzi Norge, but more fun to ride fast. Every bike will fit people differently depending body stats.
    My Stats:
    weight: 195
    ht: 5'11
    inseam: 30" on a full moon
    waist: 34-36
    BTW-- advil before a long ride may help....I use it for multiple day trips.
    Another BTW: The more I ride this bike the more I like her, and when you walk away and look back at her, which you will, she'll put a smile on your face.

tt.gunner and wiremanjon like this.
  6. Mikenac

Mikenac New Member

United States
    Map
    +1 for motopumps. I have theirs on my bike and the quality is amazing.

tt.gunner and Viffer J like this.
  7. Nelix

Nelix New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    You may be able to zoom in on this and see the motopumps risers, highest ones they do.
    fullsizeoutput_168d.jpeg

8. XRedJar

XRedJar New Member

United States
    Map
    Just curious with the 1.25" of rise, did you have to change any of the cables?

9. ALAN553

ALAN553 New Member

United States
    Map
    Nope...plug and play...5 min job

10. Nelix

Nelix New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Nope.

wiremanjon likes this.
  11. Audible

Audible New Member

Australia
    Map
    Check the seat height on the 2014 your looking at. Lowering it will help the relative bar height.

It's pretty easy to see which position the seat is at, just have a look at Nelix's pic, his seat is in the lower position. Look at the relationship between the riders and pillion seat, the top/bottom edges are together.

8th gen straight off the showroom floor, the seat is in the upper position so it's possible the one your looking at is set at 809mm.
    Dropping the seat and adding the spacers makes quite a difference, about 2 inches compared to stock seat height @ no spacers.

wiremanjon, Viffer J and XRedJar like this.